EZ Flash 4 or 5?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Quackington, Aug 16, 2012.

Aug 16, 2012

EZ Flash 4 or 5? by Quackington at 10:08 PM (1,829 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Quackington
    OP

Newcomer Quackington Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I hope all is well.

I'm looking to purchase an EZ Flash cart, and after following a 'buy' link on the GBA Temp review thread, I can only seem to find the Lite version of EZ Flash IV (not compatible with GBA SP). There seems to be an EZ Flash 5 now available also, does anyone know if this is compatible with the GBA SP. I want to get it so that I can use it on a GBA SP+.

Many thanks.

Q

2. Dingoo-fan 32

Member Dingoo-fan 32 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Ez flash 5 is a flashcard for DS, not GBA.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The EZ4 lite (assuming it is not an EZ4 lite compact) is compatible with the GBA as indeed I used one in an original DS and SP for years but you will have to mod the case to get it to fit. What sites are you looking at by the way as well? The EZ4 lite models have not been made in years and finding them is usually quite a bit harder with http://shop.01media.com/brand.asp?ID=434 being about the only place I know to get them any more. P.S. if you are considering a case mod then also consider springing for a EZ4 lite deluxe as they are a bit nicer than the regular EZ4 and EZ4 lite (more memory making some aspects of GBA usage quicker and easier although the regular EZ4 and EZ4 lite will do it all as well).

The EZ5 as Dingoo-fan 32 said is a DS cart but the EZ 3 in 1 is technically known as the EZ5 3 in 1 expansion pack and there was indeed a GBA cart sized version of it. It could be made to work on a SP but it would be a pain- they are built to be used with DS slot carts for storage and that means you can only flash one ROM at a time which is fine when the DS cart is right there to do it but on the GBA that is not so fun to deal with.

3 people like this.
  4. Quackington
    OP

Newcomer Quackington Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the responses.

Fast6191 - I'm definitely after the EZ Flash IV, as I would like to use it on a GBA SP without having to faff around with case mods. I've found it in stock here, http://www.etcome.com/ezflash-iv-mini-ezcart-slot2-sd-multimedia-flash-cart-for-gba-p-107436.html - has anyone ever used this site / can vouch for its realiability?

Thanks again.

5. BerserkLeon

Member BerserkLeon Not-so-new member

United States
    EDIT: I'm stupid. I didn't order from them, I ordered from eachgame.com
    I was going to try etcome soon but I haven't yet. They used to be GBAtemp's sponser but I've seen complaining on their Facebook page so I'm not sure about them. Hence wanting to give it a try sometime...

OK as I was saying, I ordered from eachgame and the parcel should be here tomorrow.
    I looked into the complaining on fb and it was some woman complaining that they took too much out of her bank account. And she claims they never sent her a refund.
    Their defense is they did send a refund and are sorry that their currency conversions were off at the time, but the refund will take 2 months for worldpay to give to her.

overall they don't have much complaining on their page. it just seemed fishy to me initially because they don't have like any on-site reviews on... anything I looked at.