Hacking EZ Flash 3in1 with CycloDS Evo

indyjones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all this is my first post
smile.gif

Just got a CycloDS Evo the other day and it seems really nice (also got an M3 simply)

Problem is I have also just got a EZ flash 3in1. Is there anyway to get the same functionality out of it though software like 3in1_ExpPack_Tool for the M3/R4 with the CycloDs? It seem that you need the softreset of the flash cart, is there any way to change rudolfs tool to use it on the Cyclo and therefore give me full use of the 3in1? (rumble/ram switch)

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

IJ

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, any change like that will have to be programmed in.

You can patch the European version of the browser to work with the 3-in-1. Here's the patch: http://nds.cmamod.com/ez5/CZ-O31P.zip

For rumble, you can use the rumble patcher. It doesn't work with every game, and it causes glitches on some of the games that it does work with. To get around this, you can use it to patch a game that trims down to a very small file (like Elf Bowling), then start that game, soft reset out, and start the game that you want to use the rumble with.

indyjones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn this is a good fourm thanks Guys! No such a slick solution but certainly means I can use my new 3 in 1 correctly
biggrin.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
To get around this, you can use it to patch a game that trims down to a very small file (like Elf Bowling), then start that game, soft reset out, and start the game that you want to use the rumble with.
Wait a minute, how does that work? My sister has a kinda new DS with an M3 Lite. She can't use some homebrew on it unless she starts a game, soft resets out of it and then start the homebrew.
Btw, I forgot to tell that the homebrew is for example DSFTP. It can't connect to our wireless network.

Is there a way to start a rom like Elf Bowling that's really small and soft resets automatically as soon as it boots? I mean, in a way that DSFTP would work?
unsure.gif

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get around this, you can use it to patch a game that trims down to a very small file (like Elf Bowling), then start that game, soft reset out, and start the game that you want to use the rumble with.

Wait a minute, how does that work? My sister has a kinda new DS with an M3 Lite. She can't use some homebrew on it unless she starts a game, soft resets out of it and then start the homebrew.
Btw, I forgot to tell that the homebrew is for example DSFTP. It can't connect to our wireless network.

Is there a way to start a rom like Elf Bowling that's really small and soft resets automatically as soon as it boots? I mean, in a way that DSFTP would work?
unsure.gif

thats because she uses a passcard 3, flashing the console solves it. In fact I don't think elf bowling should work because it hasn't got online. Launching homebrew from dsorganize helps with wifi apps too

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

unsure.gif

thats because she uses a passcard 3, flashing the console solves it. In fact I don't think elf bowling should work because it hasn't got online. Launching homebrew from dsorganize helps with wifi apps too
oh, yeah, you're right. so flashing the console should help? what if she buys an R4 or M3 Simply in the future? will it fix it too?
I'm now going to try and get launching homebrew from DSOrganize to work for her. It doesn't work on my M3 Simply... I will try though. Thanks a lot!
bow.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

unsure.gif
I don't think anything I said would have any impact on DSFTP at all (I'm not sure though, I have no knowledge about DSFTP), I was only talking about enabling rumble.

As for how it would work, the 3-in-1 needs to be set to the mode you want to use it in before it will work (rumble, RAM expansion, GBA game mode is the default). If you patch a game with the rumble patcher it will set the 3-in-1 to rumble mode when it starts up, and the 3-in-1 will stay in rumble mode until the power is turned off. That's why starting a patched game then soft resetting out and starting a different game will allow the rumble to work.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

unsure.gif

I don't think anything I said would have any impact on DSFTP at all (I'm not sure though, I have no knowledge about DSFTP), I was only talking about enabling rumble.

As for how it would work, the 3-in-1 needs to be set to the mode you want to use it in before it will work (rumble, RAM expansion, GBA game mode is the default). If you patch a game with the rumble patcher it will set the 3-in-1 to rumble mode when it starts up, and the 3-in-1 will stay in rumble mode until the power is turned off. That's why starting a patched game then soft resetting out and starting a different game will allow the rumble to work.
Yeah, I know. And I thought the whole WiFi-thing would work the same
smile.gif

Anyway, it works using DSOrganize to launch DSFTP. Thanks a lot
bow.gif

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

unsure.gif

oh, yeah, you're right. so flashing the console should help? what if she buys an R4 or M3 Simply in the future? will it fix it too?
I'm now going to try and get launching homebrew from DSOrganize to work for her. It doesn't work on my M3 Simply... I will try though. Thanks a lot!
bow.gif

flashing solved it when I was using supercard lite, but when i switched to sc ds one I had the same issue again, I tried with flashed and unflashed console with the same results
frown.gif
so I ended up launching everything from dsorganize

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==