Hacking Ez-Flash 3in1 +R4DS + pokemon save = doesn't work

Daraku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay after like 5 hours of googling and always getting to this forum i think i get some help here (even though the answers didnt really helped in my case).

After playing for some time ony my android phone pokemon leaf green i decided to get my NDS back in action because its way cooler to play with real buttons than touching the screen. I learned really fast that the Leaf green rom didn't work on my R4DS (Wood R4 V1.48 Kernel) because i need another slot extension, which i bought soon after that. Finally i hold the ez-Flash 3in1 expension pack (kompatibel v1.4.2) in my hands and i thought i would be really easy to play. Well i was wrong. The game started without any trouble, i didn't need to patch the rom to play it (i dont even know why you should do it). But because i wouldnt waste my time playing on my phone i thought i could just throw the .sav file on my microSD card and could play it. Well and another time i was wrong. Every time i want to load the game from my sav it only starts a new one. GBAExploder doesnt work ... probably i dont even know how to use it.

And now im lost because of the many information i got ....

Thank you in advance

Greetz
Daraku

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what size save? You are using the save from an emulator on your Android phone, correct? Which emulator? It might not matter because you might not be able to transfer your save but you will be able to start a new game on the DS and not having any save problems. Your problem is the "save conversion." You need to check Google for how to change your save from the emulator you're using to a RAW save file.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make sure you can start a new game, save and load reliably before you start mucking about importing other saves. I find the 3in1 can be very unreliable for some games, GBA ExpLoader can be dodgy too.

Daraku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what size save? You are using the save from an emulator on your Android phone, correct? Which emulator? It might not matter because you might not be able to transfer your save but you will be able to start a new game on the DS and not having any save problems. Your problem is the "save conversion." You need to check Google for how to change your save from the emulator you're using to a RAW save file.

I use Flash 128k. Savegame was original created with Visual Boy Advance and then i loaded it on my Android Smartphone with GameBoid without any problems. I tried the conversion with "NDS Save Converter v2.6" which can convert NDS and GBA games but it didnt help at all (i tried the RAW and AKAIO)

Make sure you can start a new game, save and load reliably before you start mucking about importing other saves. I find the 3in1 can be very unreliable for some games, GBAExpLoader can be dodgy too.

Okay i started a new game now and if i just use the R4 to load the game (not with GBAExploder) i can save and load the game without any problems. I didn't try GBAExploder because i can't even understand the half of what it is trying to tell me.

Daraku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay funny thing right now... I looked some more into the GBAExploder with the hint of a Thread in my mind that I need to get the savegame which is from my smartphone on some way into the memory of the ez-flash 3in1.

so I did the following:
  1. I removed every save game files (.sav / .gba.sav) from my microSD card
  2. GBAExploder creates two folders GBA_SAVE and GBA_SIGN, remove the .sav and .sgn from the folders
  3. Now copy your .sav file to the GBA_SAVE and load GBAExploder
  4. Switch to the NOR mode (Green) (you can switch with pressing R)
  5. Press Y ("Load SAV file to SRAM")
  6. Wait until finished
  7. Press L and return to the PSRAM Screen (Blue) and Press A (Run)
  8. The game is loading and told me that my save game is corrupted and it will load the previous one. (I wanted to throw my DS against the wall ...) but it loaded the save game from my Smartphone
And now there are 3 Ways to load the Rom. via GBAExploder, via the rom and in R4 via Slot 2. if you Run the ROM directly I got the wrong save game, but if i load the game via Slot 2 or GBAExploder i got the right save game.

After a quick check I know why the start via the ROM got a different savegame. R4 save the game into the same folder in which the game is located but didn't load from there which is kind of strange.

I didn't try what you must do if you want to play another game and still keep the savegame, I will take a look at this problem any time soon (probably load GBAExploder and catch the savegame from the PSRAM and save it as SAV and if you want to load another savegame load it like the way i described above but i didnt tested it yet so I'm not sure if that works).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson