OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I do not require any information on the 3in1 or 3in1NEW (2nd generation)

This project is for the 3in1+ or 64MB NOR version, only!

I am working on a GBATemp related project and looking for users of the 3in1+. I am looking for compatibility information (Software, Flash Kit, ETC) which will be used in an official context along with additional testing. Please list for me the following information and add any additional comments related to the 3in1+.

1) Do you use GBA Exploader, if so what version?
2) Do you use your Flash Kit's native Firmware to flash GBA ROMs, if so what Flash Kit and Firmware revision?
----If you use both please answer both 1 & 2 above.

3) Have you tested the RAM expansion (Homebrew and/or Opera Browser) and does it work?
4) Have you tested rumble (Hombrew and/or Retail ROM Dumps) and does it work?
5) Have you tested PSRAM Flashing, what problems have you had?
6) Have you tested NOR flashing, what problems have you had?
7) Have you tried flashing .nds.gba Homebrew, does it work?
8) Have you tried flashing .GBA Homebrew, does it work?

^^ If any of the above required patching, hacks, IPS patches, upgraded versions, etc, please include that information and let me know what tools/patches/hacks you used or applied.

9) Please provide any compatibility listings you can in the following format:
----Please verify your ROMs are good clean dumps by CRC and list information against the http://www.advanscene.com/html/dbstart.php listing.
----IE: 2778 Camp Lazlo - Leaky Lake Games - PROBLEMS (Failed on Flash Kit A, Saves don't work)
----IE: DSHeretic.nds.gba - PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
----IE: 2724 Shrek the Third - FAILED (double checked header, CRC, clean dump -- no idea why it failed to flash to PSRAM & NOR)

^^ get the idea? =) If your ROMs or Homebrew files have been patched, altered, or hacked in any way please let me know. I am expecting a list of Clean dumps only which have not been altered in any way, as these are the files which can be tested universally among Flash Kits.

10) Any additional information...
----Saves don't work? Saves aren't universal? Corruption? Build quality? Experiences? Problems? What you love about it? What you hate about it? Where you bought it? Any general problems with the kit? NOR required formatting? Flash Kit doesn't recognize it? RAM does not boot on "Flash Kit A" but works on "Flash Kit B"? ETC, ETC, ETC...

^^ Please use section #10 to list any extra information. Be as open as you want, type as much as you want. This is the section where you can tell me what problems you had and how you got around those problems.

Anyone who helps out and provides information that I use officially will be thanked in the final project. It is next to impossible for me to gather this type of information on my own as I do not have a test/control group, nor do I have more than 1 3in1+ to run tests with. With that said, I greatly appreciate the help of the GBATemp community. Please forward this post to any friends, family, etc, who would be able to provide useful information.

I will check this topic a few times a day for the next week. I may or may not respond again, but I will be checking.

Thank you!
-Another World

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
1) Do you use GBA Exploader, if so what version? GBA ExpLoader 0.58b0
2) Do you use your Flash Kit's native Firmware to flash GBA ROMs, if so what Flash Kit and Firmware revision? CycloDS Evolution BETA Firmware vB.4

3) Have you tested the RAM expansion (Homebrew and/or Opera Browser) and does it work? Yes
4) Have you tested rumble (Hombrew and/or Retail ROM Dumps) and does it work? Yes
5) Have you tested PSRAM Flashing, what problems have you had? None
6) Have you tested NOR flashing, what problems have you had? None
7) Have you tried flashing .nds.gba Homebrew, does it work? Yes
8) Have you tried flashing .GBA Homebrew, does it work? Yes

9) Please provide any compatibility listings you can in the following format:

0894 Pokemon - Ruby Version FAILED (needs patch for RTC otherwise works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
0885 Pokemon - Sapphire Version FAILED (needs patch for RTC otherwise works works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
1965 Pokemon - Emerald Version FAILED (needs fix for RTC otherwise works works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
1618 Pokemon - Fire Red Version PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
1619 Pokemon - Leaf Green Version PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
1119 Pokemon Pinball - Ruby & Sapphire PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
2460 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
0085 Mario Kart - Super Circuit PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
0169 Golden Sun PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
0926 Golden Sun - The Lost Age PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
1783 Final Fantasy I & II - Dawn of Souls PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
2251 Final Fantasy IV Advance PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
2538 Final Fantasy V Advance PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
1125 Final Fantasy Tactics Advance PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
2662 Final Fantasy VI Advance PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)
1842 The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap PASSED (no problems, works as expected from PSRAM & NOR)

10) Any additional information...
I love that it's so easy to use. I hate that cheats have to be patched onto roms. I hate that it doesn't have RTC or at least a fix for Pokemon Emerald(patches exist for Ruby, Sapphire but not Emerald). The build quality is satisfactory.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in helping out this project but who sells the plus version?

The one I got from ShopTemp is the first board version. I heard that other places that claimed selling the plus version is also selling either first board or second board version.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
my contact at ez flash said the 3rd revision, dubbed plus by gba exploader, has not been produced for 2 years. from my understanding it means no new 3in1 kits have been produced and everyone is selling old stock. if you contact a reseller and ask them to load gba exploader, it will say at the top what version they will be shipping to you.

-another world

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
my contact at ez flash said the 3rd revision, dubbed plus by gba exploader, has not been produced for 2 years. from my understanding it means no new 3in1 kits have been produced and everyone is selling old stock. if you contact a reseller and ask them to load gba exploader, it will say at the top what version they will be shipping to you.

-another world
ahh,so that's why it says 3in1....

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The thing is they blundered like hell when they disabled the multi-rom mode in all new firmwares. By doing that, it made ALL 3in1+'s extra 32MB useless unless you have an older EZ-Flash V with the older firmware. So selling older stock makes more sense and slightly less problems.

No integrated loader can use the extra NOR because they all run roms in loaderless mode and loaderless mode is limited to 32MB. All external loaders don't support using the other 32MB either. Cory's loader is the only one with an experimental multi-rom loader that takes advantage of it.

None of the NDS dump tools can use the other 32MB like the loader either. Even the modded NDS backuptool that detects and uses the 3in1+ only uses the first 32MB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-