battousaiyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

I'm a newcomer in the forum, so sorry if this is the wrong place or a repeated question (although I have searched the forum and found only part of my doubts...)
Regarding the EZ Flash 3 in 1, I've just acquired one and have some doubts of what can it do.

First of all, I've a flash card (R4 clone with the last YSMenu installed on him), which I use the GBAExploader to send games to EZ Flash 3 in 1 (work's fine)

First doubt: It seems that it can't be used to Pal Park\Dongle method directly with a Platinum version of Pokemon (RETAIL), there is another way I can overcome this? (and for the Heart Gold version, also retail?)

Second doubt: If i have a GBA, can I use it as a flashcard on it? (if yes, will game link works?)

Last doubt: Anyone knows if can link on Game Cube in case it works as a flashcard for GBA?

Many thanks in advance, any information wll help

battousaiyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is what you asked, but I use the option to load to NOR (green menu I think), so that I can start the game directly form DS menu. Is this what you've asked??

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pal park requires patching the NDS file not the 3in1. What you expect the legit games and clean versions of the rom to detect the 3in1 for you. The 3in1 is a unlicensed third party device. Nintendo doesn't support those types. The only way you get a NDS pokemon game to see it is to patch the NDS version to think the 3in1 is a legit GBA pokemon cart. It is called the pokepatch and can be found in the NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations section.

As for the game link, that depends on if you had to patch the game or not. If you had to patch it to work, usually it will not work with any legit copies via game link. If the game sends data via the game link isn't formated in any way, it will work with any copy of the game legit or not. This all depends on the game. Unless it is a pokemon game, see above. Game link and pal park are not the same thing.

The 3in1 has 2 modes for GBA: PSRAM and NOR. NOR is the mode that is readable via a normal GBA/SP/micro and the gameboy player, after you flash a game to it.

battousaiyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But these patches works only on the ROMs right? If there isn't a way for my retail pokemon to find the 3in1 that's ok. Thank you for the infromation!!

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you got a legit copy of a NDS pokemon game and want to use the 3in1, you will need the action replay DS/DSi in order for it to work for you. Depending if you have the latest cheat files or not. In the cheat code files they added the code so you can trick the NDS pokemon game to read the 3in1 for you.

The latest cheat code files from here. You will need the XML version. I have the 2010_04_17 (YYYY MM DD) version of the XML file if you want that. Unless someone has a more recent version.

I uploaded here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6dm31h

I give instructions on how to add the cheat codes to the action replay manager here:
http://gbatemp.net/t223521-i-need-some-act...t&p=2790222

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Download the cheat XML file from the cheat temp folder and import it into your AR code manager then copy over what you want with the pokemon HG.

A. Get the file you need
Get the cheat file you need here: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/
You will need the XML version if your going to use a real AR
Put that file in the Documents\Datel\AR Whatever Code Manager\local_codelists folder.
Mine happens to be called GBATemp_cheat.xml

B. Edit the local_codelists.xml
The file will be located in the Documents\Datel\AR Whatever Code Manager folder

You will need to add this to the file, must come before .
CODE
ÂÂÂÂGBATemp Codelist
ÂÂÂÂ[REPLACE THIS PART WITH YOUR PATH]\Documents\Datel\Action Replay Whatever Code Manager\local_codelists\GBATemp_cheat.xml

Once you do that it will show up in the bottom list. Like this:
cheating_on_a_real_cart.png

Plug in your AR and then like normal, drag over the game codes, then go through and delete any that you don't want.

If you did it correctly it will show up and and you can activate them on the DS like so:
IMG_150297b.jpg

To update the code list just bookmark the cheat temp page and drop the file into your folder, repeating step A.

*The XML file no longer exist in that folder.

battousaiyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW, thank you very much, but before I try this, my Action Replay it' the other model o Datel (the one that you don't insert the game card on AR, only after I remove AR), so can it work too?
EDIT: I've tried with my AR and didn't worked, I have Platinum with National dex and access to pal park granted and a Sapphire rom on 3in1 to get the first badge yet (have 7 pokemons in total in Sapphire).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @HiradeGirl, https://a.co/d/6oECWAh