MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
After working for 4 hours or so with nothing but some cutting pliers and a nail filer, I managed to gut out a DS Lite dust protector case and fit the contents of an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 expansion pack inside! It wasn't easy, trying to cut out all the small bits of plastic without ruining the case, and then filing it down so the bulging battery of the 3in1 could fit. After it fit and worked, I put some resin in the case and fit in the PCB. From there, I just used more resin to seal the case (it's never coming open!
tongue.gif
), and then finally I got to use it. Why'd I do it? My 3in1's case was white, and looked horrible against my black DS Lite. Now, it doesn't even look like I have a 3in1, but believe me, it's there.
biggrin.gif

The finished case (could you tell this was an EZ-Flash 3-in-1?):
2s68sgy.jpg

mutok1.jpg

2mdjarp.jpg

It fits inside the DS perfectly!:
2dwge8k.jpg

And, naturally, it picks up in GBA ExpLoader:
34qrczk.jpg

So, what do you think? First case mod of its kind for the EZ3in1?

fice3717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahah you mad fish i would be to scared to even open the ezflash haha. you recon you could make a guid for people like me who wanna make it?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
fice3717 said:
hahah you mad fish i would be to scared to even open the ezflash haha. you recon you could make a guid for people like me who wanna make it?
I don't think I could make a guide. I've already done it, see, and I wouldn't know how to explain how I did it.
tongue.gif
Open both cases, and cut the living hell out of the DS protector until the EZ3in1 PCB fits.
tongue.gif
Then tack it in there with glue or resin, and glue the case shut. Pop it in your DS and you're done.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Adr990 said:
Cool.
smile.gif

I'm gonna do that too, when I get my Zelda Gold Case from DealExtreme. I orginally own a White DS with this White EZ Flash.

Hopefully it will work out well.
All I can say is cut out the pieces REALLY small. Make too big of a cut and you're screwed.

Phillipos Andemariam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spaceracers.com
XP
Country
United States
After working for 4 hours or so with nothing but some cutting pliers and a nail filer, I managed to gut out a DS Lite dust protector case and fit the contents of an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 expansion pack inside! It wasn't easy, trying to cut out all the small bits of plastic without ruining the case, and then filing it down so the bulging battery of the 3in1 could fit. After it fit and worked, I put some resin in the case and fit in the PCB. From there, I just used more resin to seal the case (it's never coming open!
tongue.gif
), and then finally I got to use it. Why'd I do it? My 3in1's case was white, and looked horrible against my black DS Lite. Now, it doesn't even look like I have a 3in1, but believe me, it's there.
biggrin.gif

The finished case (could you tell this was an EZ-Flash 3-in-1?):
2s68sgy.jpg

mutok1.jpg

2mdjarp.jpg

It fits inside the DS perfectly!:
2dwge8k.jpg

And, naturally, it picks up in GBA ExpLoader:
34qrczk.jpg

So, what do you think? First case mod of its kind for the EZ3in1?
Do you still have the white case?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.