Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Strange release.
morpheus69, where did you find the info ?

BTW, as i was already beta testing this RC6, i know what changes has been done on this.
Here is what i remember :
- fix RC5 white screen that happened on some games
- some games fix (newer games)
- system icon bug is fixed. this happen when icon is pressed and the stylus slided away. Icon stays selected. Does not happen any more now.
- Ique touchscreen is fixed
- homebrews compatibility is improved in this release but still in dev ...
- Korean fonts are added

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok. Now for sure this is not the latest kernel. Don't know why windirt has uploaded it to the official FTP. So stay tuned for the official one.
Sounds like the EZVi and EZ5 Plus will have a bootloader update soon also.
This will fix SDHC detection on some slow cards.
wink.gif

karnik95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Funny how they haven't posted 2.0 releases on the English website.

Can't try it yet. Can't find MicroSD reader. Sounds good though...

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
casidepro said:
G2K said:
Does Scribblenauts work now? What about M&L BIS (unpatched)?
Scribblenauts works now and m&l works unpatched ONLY with the cheatcode enabled.
OK, so how do I use this again? I've copied the file and folder to my root... does the EZShell folder replace the moonshl folder? I don't remember seeing it before. So is all I need to do copy it, or do I need to run anything in the loader?

EDIT:
WOAH WOAH WOAH. This looks nothing like what it looked like before! I guess I've only ever updated the firmware? Everything is so fast now, but how do I get my skins to work? And L+R+A+B doesn't seem to give me a menu anymore...

casidepro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
G2K said:
casidepro said:
G2K said:
Does Scribblenauts work now? What about M&L BIS (unpatched)?
Scribblenauts works now and m&l works unpatched ONLY with the cheatcode enabled.
OK, so how do I use this again? I've copied the file and folder to my root... does the EZShell folder replace the moonshl folder? I don't remember seeing it before. So is all I need to do copy it, or do I need to run anything in the loader?

EDIT:
WOAH WOAH WOAH. This looks nothing like what it looked like before! I guess I've only ever updated the firmware? Everything is so fast now, but how do I get my skins to work? And L+R+A+B doesn't seem to give me a menu anymore...
The skins are simple now just place the skin.dat file in the skin folder
you can download a skin pack at the official forums http://www.megaupload.com/?d=INQYJD12 (submitted by mbmax)

casidepro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
G2K said:
So place it in the skin folder in EZ5Shell? Or in the one in moonshl? If EZ5Shell, does that mean I can erase the whole moonshlfolder of my SD card?
yep just delete the old moonshell folder and place the new ez5shell in the root of your microsd

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
G2K said:
EDIT:
Hehe. Sounds like you were in k1.90 before. It does that when you jump into k2.0 series. Fast is the right word to symbolize this kernel.
cool.gif

About in game menu, you have to point your game on top screen, touch orange circle to open rom setting window.
Enabled SR, RTS and press ok. Start your game.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some old skins i have converted with Ez Skin Time Machine are available HERE.
Included in this zip are all sources files for Ez Skin Forger tool.
Compatible with kernel 2.0 RC5 and better.

All credits goes to skinners of course.
wink.gif

Enjoy !

bioterror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the new firmware and codes but when I try to play the new mario game I can't choose a save file. Can anyone help?
I also get a lot of white screen freezes almost everytime i try to use the touchscreen

grindbart

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello folks!

i dont understand why the EZF team dont release a stable kernel with less features,but fast and up-2-date.....in every RC the fixes bugs and suprise,new,different bugs get found,on this way they wont have in 5 years from now a stable kernel......other teams changing nothing and their customers are happy with the product....

dragonjud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bioterror said:
I got the new firmware and codes but when I try to play the new mario game I can't choose a save file. Can anyone help?
I also get a lot of white screen freezes almost everytime i try to use the touchscreen

I haven't started from the beginning, so I can't comment on that.

I've noticed this same problem when I've chosen a save file from another card (acekard, cyclo) where I was further along, and copied it to the EZVi. The game loads, and even runs fine occasionally. However, then it becomes unplayable (black screens, freezing, unresponsive). I've given up on trying to play this particular game on this Kernel. I think they need to work on making this Kernel more stable before Releasing another set of fixes for future games.

I deleted the rom's dat file, and that seemed to help, but it eventually went back to the same problems listed above.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
grindbart said:
hello folks!

i dont understand why the EZF team dont release a stable kernel with less features,but fast and up-2-date.....in every RC the fixes bugs and suprise,new,different bugs get found,on this way they wont have in 5 years from now a stable kernel......other teams changing nothing and their customers are happy with the product....
I also don't now why users has those weird bugs and i'm tired to ask them always the same things : "is your EZVi up to date concerning firmware ?" "Have you deleted all previous .dat file (ROMDAT) and .ini files (ROMINI) ?"
You see ?
When i test a new kernel i backup my microSD, format it, unzip it in root and copy back only my saves and fresh unziped dump.
Nothing else.
When you swap to several old kernels, you get those bugs with mixed configuration files.
RC6 is stable to my eyes, but not to some. Perhaps they might do like i do when i update to a new kernel ?
wink.gif

@all : Next step, DSi enhanced game fix and a bunch of AP fix.
No auto overlay patch for now, but i think this will happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1