Eyefinity 1600x900 with 1920 x 1200?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by dilav, Sep 27, 2011.

Sep 27, 2011
  1. dilav
    OP

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I've seen a bunch of 20/21.x" 1600x900 resolution monitors quite cheap. I'm currently on one 24" 1920 x 1200. Any ideas if it is possible to pick up two of these monitors to run them in eyefinity. I would pick up three, but i like the 1200 vertical resolution and do other junk more than gaming.

Anyone have side by side pictures of how these two resolution compare with text?

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    This would not go well. The way eyefinity works is it matches the resolution of each monitors then displays the desktop across both of them. For this to work perfectly you really need identical monitors. Same size and resolution at least. You've got 2 different sized monitors with 2 different resolutions. The resolution of your current display would be cut to 1600x900 and the whole setup would look terrible...

3. dilav
    OP

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yeah, I looked around and this seems to be the answer, but most posts were a bit dated.

Still tempted to buy three of these but no HDMI kills it as I have my xbox hooked up to my current display. Swapping between monitors doesnt seem like something I'd do. Maybe I'll just wait.

Thanks for replying