ROM Hack Extracting/Importing Mii Plaza data?

Kafke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if one of you could help me. I want to take my Mii plaza data from my O3DS emunand and stick it in my N3DS emunand.

Any idea how I'd go about doing this? Namely I'm after plaza game progress, the puzzle progress, mii's street passed, achievements, hats unlocked, that sort of thing.

I went ahead and updated my N3DS's mii plaza all the way, after a few failed attempts at trying to use savedatafiler to extract the extdata and import it.

Both emunands are using the same NNID, the same mii, etc. The O3DS is from back before I did my O3DS->N3DS system transfer. And I unfortunately had to format my N3DS to get it to downgrade (so I lost N3DS-specific progress). I've managed to migrate over the rest of my stuff (even swap note!) but I can't figure out how to get my mii plaza data over without it messing up.

Kafke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MiiPlaza progress is saved in the NAND, you can either perform a standard system transfer, or a manual one.

Is there a way to just migrate the plaza data? As I mentioned, I have an O3DS emunand on 10.1 with the desired data. And an N3DS emunand on 9.5 that I'd like to put the data on. I don't care to have anything else transferred.

Edit: a guide on how to do this would be appreciated :)

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edit: a guide on how to do this would be appreciated :)
Silly me, I figured you were probably capable of typing "gbatemp manual system transfer" into Google yourself.

@Ichii Giki put together a pretty comprehensive tutorial here, another post by him here discusses moving Mii Plaza data specifically.

Kafke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silly me, I figured you were probably capable of typing "gbatemp manual system transfer" into Google yourself.

@Ichii Giki put together a pretty comprehensive tutorial here, another post by him here discusses moving Mii Plaza data specifically.

Awesome. I had found the first one, but I wasn't sure if that was what I exactly needed. I figured 'manual system transfer' would entail transferring everything.

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Awesome. I had found the first one, but I wasn't sure if that was what I exactly needed. I figured 'manual system transfer' would entail transferring everything.
Actually if you follow the guide and try to understand what's done in each step, you can safely skip several steps and end up with only transferring the Mii Plaza data.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That links to one on maxconsole. The guide on maxconsole is complicated, *but* it also says that it is much easier with the new rxTools. Of course, it is now 2016 and the "new" rxTools is no longer new.

What's the method if you have rxTools?

Also, I would like to copy both Mii Plaza and all the Miis from Mii Maker. How do I copy the Miis? (The Mii Maker send/receive feature is not good to copy them because it marks the Miis as copied and you can't use them in Mii Plaza.)

Last edited by Jiro2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: @Xdqwerty any tips?