Feedback Extract Textures from .PAK

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys i wanted to start a new texturemod project this time for "Zanzarah" but i cant extract the textures from.pak archieve
tried several programms like : Dragonunpacker,magic extractor,totalcommander with guap pro plugin,7zip with plugin) only dragonunpacker could unpack some textures but they were corrupted the others would gave me errors on opening

i even tried multiple version of that game (cd/steam) because maybe the archieve was corrupt but no

does anybody has an idea?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
.pak is one of the more generic extension names (it presumably being short for pack, and thus choice of people just needing an extension and it 5pm and time to go home) and there are several hundred at least mutually incompatible takes on the matter.

The program that did work. I might look more into that, however the trouble is there are alternative methods -- if the files contained within are known then you can look for markers of those and fish them out accordingly.
I would also question what the errors were and if that was with whatever you tried importing them with -- if they have a custom texture format in the mix with some more standard ones then that could be also be a thing.

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
.pak is one of the more generic extension names (it presumably being short for pack, and thus choice of people just needing an extension and it 5pm and time to go home) and there are several hundred at least mutually incompatible takes on the matter.

The program that did work. I might look more into that, however the trouble is there are alternative methods -- if the files contained within are known then you can look for markers of those and fish them out accordingly.
I would also question what the errors were and if that was with whatever you tried importing them with -- if they have a custom texture format in the mix with some more standard ones then that could be also be a thing.
yes .pak is international for "no crunchtime for me" and it was used by so many old pc games (btw sony´s .psarch is just an.pak too)

the problem with zanzarah´s pak its definetly encrypted (+ the texturefiles are encrypted .bmp/dds) thats why most of my programs wont open it/or extract only broken files :

-dragonunpacker gives only brokenfiles
-totalcommander with plugin just gives me "Error Data0.PAK"
-7zip just close itself when trying to open the .pak
-magic extractor wont even start on win11

now im trying every program from that list https://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/Extraction_tools

Dr-Ne0Gen3tic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try “Universal Extractor 2 RC4” (UniExtract 2 RC4), the “RC4” is a “Nightly” version. You can download version “UniExtract 2 RC3” on GitHub and add in the “UniExtract.ini”, the line “nightlyupdates=1" (make sure that the program is not running actively!) then just start it and confirm the update with “YES”! The Nightly version, can extract/unzip a lot of file types due to some plugins (which have to be downloaded manually!)! I think this is really one of the best multi Extractor!

Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try “Universal Extractor 2 RC4” (UniExtract 2 RC4), the “RC4” is a “Nightly” version. You can download version “UniExtract 2 RC3” on GitHub and add in the “UniExtract.ini”, the line “nightlyupdates=1" (make sure that the program is not running actively!) then just start it and confirm the update with “YES”! The Nightly version, can extract/unzip a lot of file types due to some plugins (which have to be downloaded manually!)! I think this is really one of the best multi Extractor!
thanks didnt know about that tool ^^ looks promising it may become very handy on future projekts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up