Hacking Extract GBA save files

chaoszerox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't know where to put this topic, so I'm putting it in both GBA and DS.

Like how Rein extracts the save file from commercial DS cartridges, is there a program for the DS that can be used to extract GBA save files from commercial cartridges? Thanks!

WiZaRDuSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried to get a save file from my game, but for some reason, it does read the save, but it won't write it to my M3 Perfect.
frown.gif

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the send save program work with the 3 in 1? I ran it from that with EZV in slot 1 and I hit L to read save then insert my real gba game. I press A then it reads it fine and next it seems to freeze. Am I doing anything wrong or do I have to use something else. Is there another way to backup GBA saves besides this?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chaoszerox & WiZaRDuSS: Did you apply the DLDI patch for your flashcarts? If not, cart_save.gba will have no way of writing the save to the flashcart.

Will the send save program work with the 3 in 1?
Not for getting a save off of a GBA game. It has no way of writing to the 3-in-1, and slot 1 is not accessible in GBA mode.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Exactly the same way you DLDI patch DS homebrew.

If you're using Windows, the easiest way by far is to use DLDIrc, the DLDI Right Click patcher. (be sure to associate it with .gba files)

You can download the latest version of DLDIrc here: http://psychowood.altervista.org/getDLDIrc.html

If you're not using windows, or you can't/don't want to use DLDIrc, you can get a patcher and the patch for your hardware here: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC. +1