Extra Data and Games Wiped... Software-Management?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by c_house, Feb 15, 2012.

1. c_house
    OP

c_house GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    US of A
    This happened to my 3DS just this morning... I read a new note I had gotten in Swapnote and then pressed the Home button to exit out of the app. When i got to the home screen, a pop up appeared and said it was "Creating Software-Management Data." I let it do it's thing, but when it was done all my downloaded games (except for a lone DsiWare title) and Extra Data were wiped from the SD Card. I have no idea what would cause this and I'm wondering if this is a bug. Would like to know if anyone else has any info on this problem.

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    you using the SD card you got with it or a larger one you bought?

can you still put new stuff on it?

place into a pc and see if you can see any data on there or if it need repairing

make a backup of data on there while your at it

sounds like either corrupt or died

3. Marv

Marv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2007
    Poland
    Happened once to me. Just take out SD card and see if there's no dust on connections. Also, breath in the 3DS SD port.

4. c_house
    OP

c_house GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    US of A
    I am using a 4GB MicroSD in an adapter and yes, I can still put new stuff on it. The card didn't die.

5. Helsionium

Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Jul 18, 2008
    Australia
    Innsbruck, Austria
    This happened to me a few times. I think the 3DS doesn't like cards formatted with large cluster sizes. Re-format your card with the default cluster size. Worked fine for me, no more issues ever since.