Hacking External HDD's?

Kushinder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just bought a Seagate 500GB HDD. I was going to use it for my Wii, but I knew I would never have 500gigs of games...Can I use my Hard drive for backing up my computer data too? or does it strictly have to be formatted to the WBFS way...
Basically my question is:

With my new harddrive, can I use it to play Wii backups along with using it to store other files from my computer?

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yah just use google to make two partitions Make it like 250GB NTFS and 250GB WBFS
You dont have to but thats good.

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternatively, you can just format the whole thing to FAT32, and then use Cfg USB Loader.

Cfg supports reading .wbfs files (the Wii ISO is cut up into chunks that fit within FAT32 limitations), that way you have 1 drive partition, no more prompts to "Format Disk?" from Windows.

Go to this post and have a look around, if you do a bit of research here all of your questions will be answered.

FAT32 FTW...

wildfire95

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jstevenson72 said:
Alternatively, you can just format the whole thing to FAT32, and then use Cfg USB Loader.

Cfg supports reading .wbfs files (the Wii ISO is cut up into chunks that fit within FAT32 limitations), that way you have 1 drive partition, no more prompts to "Format Disk?" from Windows.

Go to this post and have a look around, if you do a bit of research here all of your questions will be answered.

FAT32 FTW...

Note, if you have files which are going to be backed up on your new hard-drive which are over 4GB, they wont go on due to restrictions on FAT-32.

Retarded eh?

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wildfire95 said:
jstevenson72 said:

FAT32 FTW...

Note, if you have files which are going to be backed up on your new hard-drive which are over 4GB, they wont go on due to restrictions on FAT-32.

Retarded eh?

Got a point for mor practical use just use 2 partitions anyway you want (like 200GB NTFS 300GBWBFS etc.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: