cruznik71450

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have USB loader GX set up to work for my Wii. I want to know what other things I can boot off my external HDD. I believe I have it formatted to WBFS but I read most of the other apps that use an external HDD run only from FAT32. Is it possible to add a FAT32 partition if it's already formatted to WBFS without me having to backup my games to my computer and reloading them back to my external HDD with a Fat 32 partition? I can reword this and get into more detail if needed.

synicasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not safe to resize or move a WBFS partition.

if you are looking to move some of the stuff on you memory card to your harddrive I would either go with 1 FAT32 formated partition or 2 partitions one FAT32 and one WBFS..

There is alot of debate on what is the best format to use. If you dont have the space to backup the games to your computer I would just stick with the WBFS drive and the Homebrew on your SD card.

cruznik71450

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks for that tip. I got a few 2GB sd cards it wouldn't kill me to just switch them. Another quick question while it's on subject. The HDD I am using is a 500GB Western Digital. I plan on Switching to 1TB later on. Would it be safe to transfer my WBFS partition from my 500GB to the 1TB with multiple partitions?

synicasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure about the 512G limit Only had to deal with a 80G hard drive heh..

However the Wii backup manager should be able to transfer from your 500G drive to the new 1TB drive with multiple partitions. I have never tried this but it looks simple enough. I wouldn't delete the 500G till I was sure the games worked thou.. If you are really inspired you could transfer them to both partitions 500G wbfs and 500G FAT32 and try it out..

I had actually considered splitting my 80G to 10G Fat32 and 70G wbfs for this purpose. I haven't decided on weather to go all Fat32 yet or not though.

derton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new WBFS manager can take HDD up to 1Tb. I got myself a 1Tb partitionned like 950Gb for wbfs, 50 Gb for FAT32 partition. Got no problem so far with the last usbloader GX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone