Hardware External HDD issue

Petran_gr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone,
after long searching in the internet without any solution i decided to ask the experts.:)
I own a 32Gb Wiiu with updated firmware 5.5.0 E
I bought an external HDD (WD Elements 2TB self powered with a wall charger).
When i connect the HDD in the front usb ports it gets detected but in the rear ports it is not detected and so i can not use it with usb loader gx or wiiflow or any usb loading app.
So please, if anyone knows a solution.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I figured out a fix for what was happening to me.
This was happening mainly in WWHD, especially if I let it sit idle for a couple of minutes.
I'd get the "external device disconnected" message. After searching for a while I stumpled onto a post on Reddit that said to turn off the usb storage sleep function in the Wii U system settings.
To do this go to the data management screen in the system settings, then hold down on the dpad and the "+" and "-" buttons together for a few seconds.
A screen should pop up saying you can enable or disable the USB storage device's sleep function.

this isnt my words but a copied solution to one problem , maybe worth a try to see it it helps.

seems this problem arose post 5.0.0 firmwares.

Reactions: Deleted User

Petran_gr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have deactivated it but the problem still exists.i have tryed a usb stick (sandisk 32gb) in the front usb it works but not at the back usb ports. Is there any way to get usb loader gx or any other usb loading app to detect a hdd from the front usb ports?

Last edited by Petran_gr,

Petran_gr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There re only 2 usb ports on the rear.i put it on the upper port. Could it be that the hdd needs more power? But it already has an external power adapter. The problem is that the hdd is reconized on the front ports but not on the rear, so I can not use usb loader.

mediabob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your rear ports work? Does the drive show activity at all? I have mine connected to the rear one just fine.

The front one is not possible because it didn't exist on the Wii.

Petran_gr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have tryed a usb stick with light and it turns on (the light) but is not detected.the hdd also turns on but is not detected.i tryed a 32gb sandisk usb stick also not detected.it seems there is power but not enough ever for a usb stick.is there a way I can check the usb ports?

Last edited by Petran_gr,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu