1. k28

OP k28 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    is there an external charger for the switch battery?

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Well it's a Lipo/lithion battery

3. k28

OP k28 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    with a proper socket, so i can use the connector :D my problem is that a frind of mine doesnt want to spent to much on his switch. usb port went bad and propably some the bq IC. so he wants to cut a hole on the backside so he can disconnect the battery and plug it into an external charger.

4. k28
    This message by k28 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jul 9, 2020.
    Jul 9, 2020
  5. Zonark

Zonark Zonark - Noun - A God

United States
    Your gonna spend more on finding a charger I’d just replace the type c connector keep the value of the system it’s pretty easy to replace just use flux also chip is fairly easy to replace too just heat gun it

Last edited by Zonark, Jul 9, 2020
  6. k28

OP k28 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i can fix things like this while sleeping . but my frind cant. i offered im to do it for a meal instead him have to pay 60 euro+. but he was to greedy and ripped almost every solder pad of. i fixed them and the there is power but the switch dont charge. i realized there was an unfixed watterdamge which i also fixed. the switch works fine but dosnt charge. i dont want to spent hours for a meal and the frind doesnt want to spent any more penny :D

edit: yes hes spending his time to create some DIY stuff, which is far more expensive ive find. but the good thing is he leanrs how to handle stuff himself which is a good think i find...still im here asking the question for him....its tough to be an IT guy.... :D

Last edited by k28, Jul 9, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - external, charger, battery