Homebrew Exploit question

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
back on topic.
exploits exist because of what ? programming flaws.
smealum, yellows8 and others don't simply chose a game and say "Hey I'm gonna make an exploit for that". If a game has no exploitable flaw they can't make one appear out of thin air.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
It is because Smea and yls8 work for Nintendo/Ubisoft/ironfall people(whatever the company is called) and want to hack expensive games so that they get more money.
back on topic.
smealum, yellows8 and others don't simply chose a game and say "Hey I'm gonna make an exploit for that". If a game has no exploitable flaw they can't make one appear out of thin air.
I like your sig by the way.

Reactions: Stecker8

Glitchtm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need a new sega console
a new jet set radio
and the hedgehog engine 2 *.*

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I remember that i stoled sonic 06 from a public library :3
I would love a new jet set radio for 3ds or wii u

Reactions: NeoSlyde

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing not noted about OOT on the 3DS is fact that it's been voted multi times in the top 3 games ever made besides it being a remake, on top of Nintendo limits their reprints on games quite a lot, it's why a bunch of Nintendo games still to this day retain their $30-50 price tags from old systems. Scalpers have also been targetting Zelda games for quite a while, the same reason why MM3D 3DS + OOT3D went up in price over the MSRP. OOT 3d also went up in price when MM3D came out to benefit off people wanting to play for the nostalgia.

Smash demo is completely free though, and so is linux, and possibly the wireless adapter if you're lucky. Just not the minor technical skills of being able to use linux aren't. Huge barrier of entry for people whom are computer illiterate.

Last edited by Acryt,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing not noted about OOT on the 3DS is fact that it's been voted multi times in the top 3 games ever made besides it being a remake, on top of Nintendo limits their reprints on games quite a lot, it's why a bunch of Nintendo games still to this day retain their $30-50 price tags from old systems. Scalpers have also been targetting Zelda games for quite a while, the same reason why MM3D 3DS + OOT3D went up in price over the MSRP. OOT 3d also went up in price when MM3D came out to benefit off people wanting to play for the nostalgia.

Smash demo is completely free though, and so is linux, and possibly the wireless adapter if you're lucky. Just not the minor technical skills of being able to use linux aren't. Huge barrier of entry for people whom are computer illiterate.
true but the demo has a limited amount of uses and only works as a hbc entry point on n3ds

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Smash demo exploit isn't worth using. It's cool that it exists, at least.
oh quite contrary the exploit is for smash as well as the demo and nintendo will never blacklist smash (or zelda for that matter . . . hell they did not even blacklist cubic ninja & that game tanked before smea blessed it) so they will never block smash as a hbc entry point

you gotta think of the pluses every game based exploit is grand

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Smash demo exploit isn't worth using. It's cool that it exists, at least.

It's worth using to, say, install a much more stable hax like ironhax or OoThax if you don't have a save dongle, or if you have the digital copy... Otherwise, yeah it isn't the most useful thing ever

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
true but the demo has a limited amount of uses and only works as a hbc entry point on n3ds

Na if you run it via HANS [Not sure if it works with it] then the demo limit doesn't get decremented. Back to the topic, basically your upset because you didn't get in at the optimal time to get the exploitable games at a cheap price. Sorry but that's really just tough, exploits aren't so easy to find that you can just pick and choose whatever you like. Hell just because you have found something potentially exploitable doesn't mean that it will necessarily turn out to be useful. Not to mention that if you just dump every potential exploit then you have nothing up your sleeve when they are patched.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Na if you run it via HANS [Not sure if it works with it] then the demo limit doesn't get decremented. Back to the topic, basically your upset because you didn't get in at the optimal time to get the exploitable games at a cheap price. Sorry but that's really just tough, exploits aren't so easy to find that you can just pick and choose whatever you like. Hell just because you have found something potentially exploitable doesn't mean that it will necessarily turn out to be useful. Not to mention that if you just dump every potential exploit then you have nothing up your sleeve when they are patched.

The discussion about smash was quite on-topic, and if you had taken any time to read you would know we were discussing it as an entrypoint for the hbl, meaning that yes you'll still be limited in terms of the demo counter since you'd be launching the demo normally, then using it to load hbl and then you could use HANS from there. Instead you simply told the OP to stop whining... He wasn't really whining, it is a legit question really, just one he probably didn't really consider before posting

Glitchtm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
back on topic.
That is a good point. I'm just curious as to why people haven't found an exploit that works for something that everyone would have access to. I had ironhax but then updated my firmware before the payload (mostly because i didn't know what to do...) And tubehax was pretty good before that was patched out. I guess I'm just a bit upset that I cant find a good exploit that'd work for longer and the one that do are hard to get because the games are hard to find.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a good point. I'm just curious as to why people haven't found an exploit that works for something that everyone would have access to. I had ironhax but then updated my firmware before the payload (mostly because i didn't know what to do...) And tubehax was pretty good before that was patched out. I guess I'm just a bit upset that I cant find a good exploit that'd work for longer and the one that do are hard to get because the games are hard to find.
:wtf: menuhax, browserhax & tubehax
smea and yellow wanted all of us to have homebrew its not there fault big n blocked them

Last edited by wormdood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.