Hacking Exploit in youtube, might lead to something?

rondoh70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS IS FUCKING STUPID. WHY THE FUCK WOULD A YOUTUBE CRASH LEAD TO A FUCKING EXPLOIT? PEOPLE THOUGHT THAT BEFORE. IT'S NOT GOING TO FUCKING WORK.

Because it's possible to edit the the files youtube is reading. that's all. I'm not claiming it's an exploit. I'm just leaving it in the air, because there are very few people with the equipment to test the crash. I know it has a very small chance of being usable but it's still there.

I also acknowledge the fact that a crash is almost always useless.

And you don't need to come in here pretending to act like Foxi. He already made an appearance and said that the crash was unlikely going to lead to an exploit.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Myeh. I only write long posts explaining things when they require explaining. The Youtube application is notorious for working poorly, but that's not because it's full of vulnerabilities, it's just because it's bad. :P
If only all people understood that half-assed applications aren't guaranteed exploits. This just a menu navigation screw-up and nothing more.

D

Deleted User

We should all now pray to the hacking god to let there be some lighttt then the wii u hacking scene might improve :yaysp:

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very likely pretty much sandboxed off, however there's always a slight chance of something like this having actual results -- i recall jailbreaking an ipod a while back via an exploit that runs in a web browser....there's always a chance, but i think it's slim.

D

Deleted User

It's very likely pretty much sandboxed off, however there's always a slight chance of something like this having actual results -- i recall jailbreaking an ipod a while back via an exploit that runs in a web browser....there's always a chance, but i think it's slim.

Thats better :D

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We should all now pray to the hacking god to let there be some lighttt then the wii u hacking scene might improve :yaysp:

The hacking gods want to save energy, so no light ;)

What i want to say is, it is not interesting anymore, even if it is usable in any way (which i really doubt). Who want to look into it, do it, but without any way to see what happens it is useless. A guess and try game.

cloud1250000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's a manipulation to navigate on the web using youtube app.

As many of you didn't understand, the point is that 3ds are crashing when loading a certain type of video. There's a flaw in the code. But is it exploitable? We don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place