[Explanation inside] .vx to .avi

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by youthgames, Dec 15, 2009.

Dec 15, 2009
  1. youthgames
    OP

Newcomer youthgames Member

United States
    Hello everyone,

My team are doing right now a dubbing of the game "Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days" English to Spanish.
    But we have a problem, the videos are in ".vx" and we really don't know where can we found a converter ".vx to .avi".

For more information, just tell me.

Bye, and thanks ^^

2. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    By reading the title of the topic I'm almost sure everyone will think you'll be making the explanation on how to convert the video files.

3. Snorlax

Member Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Australia
    Misleading title is misleading. D:
    I've never heard of the extension '.vx'. If I was you, I'd just try force-feeding it through converters until I found a compatible format which encodes into something which is workable.

4. youthgames
    OP

Newcomer youthgames Member

United States
    How can I force-feeding? (and what is it?)

5. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    I don't know what that is either, but my guess is that it means to make the converter think it's another format (delete the .vk extension and name it something else, like .mov or .mpeg) and see if the conversion in any of them work.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Simple answer: there is no working codec official, leaked or otherwise and reverse engineering a video format is a hellish task even for one as simple as this (case in point, here is MPEG1 which is probably at a similar level of complexity: http://www.cmlab.csie.ntu.edu.tw/cml/dsp/t...g/coding/mpeg1/ )

If you want the video your only option is an emulator (or something like a jumbotronDS) and screengrab software (something like fraps or taksi). This does not stop you using a rom with a common/readily available .vx file that is played and subbing in a .vx from your game of choice (think rename the end credits to the intro and get the game to play that instead).