Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wikinti.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

My team are doing right now a dubbing of the game "Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days" English to Spanish.
But we have a problem, the videos are in ".vx" and we really don't know where can we found a converter ".vx to .avi".

For more information, just tell me.

Bye, and thanks ^^

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
By reading the title of the topic I'm almost sure everyone will think you'll be making the explanation on how to convert the video files.

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
Misleading title is misleading. D:
I've never heard of the extension '.vx'. If I was you, I'd just try force-feeding it through converters until I found a compatible format which encodes into something which is workable.

youthgames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wikinti.com
XP
Country
United States
pertmywert said:
Misleading title is misleading. D:
I've never heard of the extension '.vx'. If I was you, I'd just try force-feeding it through converters until I found a compatible format which encodes into something which is workable.

How can I force-feeding? (and what is it?)

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I don't know what that is either, but my guess is that it means to make the converter think it's another format (delete the .vk extension and name it something else, like .mov or .mpeg) and see if the conversion in any of them work.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Simple answer: there is no working codec official, leaked or otherwise and reverse engineering a video format is a hellish task even for one as simple as this (case in point, here is MPEG1 which is probably at a similar level of complexity: http://www.cmlab.csie.ntu.edu.tw/cml/dsp/t...g/coding/mpeg1/ )

If you want the video your only option is an emulator (or something like a jumbotronDS) and screengrab software (something like fraps or taksi). This does not stop you using a rom with a common/readily available .vx file that is played and subbing in a .vx from your game of choice (think rename the end credits to the intro and get the game to play that instead).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over