Exfat update offline gone wrong

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by GeraltOfRivia, Oct 14, 2018.

1. GeraltOfRivia
    OP

GeraltOfRivia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    Italy
    Hello everyone. I tried to help my friend into fixing a blue screen switch after exfat update gone bad. Unfortunately after many attempts to revert back the (original?) file "BCPKG2-1-normal-main" to its place, with memloader and hackdiskmount, we failed. I don't know either if that was the right file to move or the one merged with the (wrong) exfat update. Obviously he didn't back up his nand... Now I wanted to know if it's possible to fix it, maybe restoring another nand from a switch.. if we have the same fmw is possible to "swap" the nand from another console? I know that prodinfo is console unique but, is there a way to get the prodinfo from his console and fix it restoring nand from a working switch? Sorry if i'm saying a lot of bullshit but I really don't know how to proceed

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    You can get prodinfo via memloader and use it to recerate the NAND. How is a mystery to me tho.

3. GeraltOfRivia
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    Italy
    Thank you for your reply. Sorry to bother you @rajkosto , please could you give me some advice, if this is possible or address me to a tutorial.thank you in advance and sorry for disturbing you.

4. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    GeraltOfRivia likes this.
  5. GeraltOfRivia
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    Italy
    Thanks a lot! It seems to be the right one ;) it also seems a bit difficult but I should give it a shot and go ahead. Thanx again !

6. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    Fingers crossed, just make sure you do a backup first.

GeraltOfRivia likes this.