YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a simple method to update the switch to read the eXFAT format now?

I haven't ever used an SD Card in the Switch and I'm about ready to hack it today. I'm on 3.0.1, never had the prompt to install the eXFAT driver and I won't be wanting the 4GB file limit...

I've heard you can install larger files by splitting them to <4GB, but that seems like a pain, I'd rather just get the eXFAT functionality! I'll try out the RCM and CFW's in FAT32, but will want to use eXFAT for definite.

Any info appreciated!

eBejita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
1st : Format to PC (Fat32)
2nd : Copy ChoidujourNX dan OFW 6.1.0 to MicroSD
and then update firmware from ChoidujourNX..so you can format to exfat from PC (Windows 10)

Done

achuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a simple method to update the switch to read the eXFAT format now?

I haven't ever used an SD Card in the Switch and I'm about ready to hack it today. I'm on 3.0.1, never had the prompt to install the eXFAT driver and I won't be wanting the 4GB file limit...

I've heard you can install larger files by splitting them to <4GB, but that seems like a pain, I'd rather just get the eXFAT functionality! I'll try out the RCM and CFW's in FAT32, but will want to use eXFAT for definite.

Any info appreciated!

To elaborate on what the others have said, when you install a firmware update on your switch via choidujourNX you have the option to install the exfat update with it. I've used this method to go from 4.1.0 non exfat to 4.1.0 exfat

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alrighty Guys, thanks for the info! I'm assuming that ChoidujourNX is an application that loads through the Homebrew Loader?

Seems simple enough. Appreciate it.

I'm not rushing into it by the way, I'm spending the day looking up info so I know what I'm doing before jumping straight in hahaha

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty Guys, thanks for the info! I'm assuming that ChoidujourNX is an application that loads through the Homebrew Loader?
That would be a correct assumption.

It's pretty straightforward to use too, just select the firmware files you put into the firmware folder, they'll unpack, and then you'd select the exfat update, wait for it to finish and reboot and you're done.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That would be a correct assumption.

It's pretty straightforward to use too, just select the firmware files you put into the firmware folder, they'll unpack, and then you'd select the exfat update, wait for it to finish and reboot and you're done.
Yeah I got the app running, I'm at a loss as how to actually get a hold of the update files to install them though... I'm not sure if it's legal or whatever to link to them here on GBATemp either hahaha Any info on that front?

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I got the app running, I'm at a loss as how to actually get a hold of the update files to install them though... I'm not sure if it's legal or whatever to link to them here on GBATemp either hahaha Any info on that front?
Yeah... Firmware files contain copyrighted content. So it ain't allowed to be shared here. Surprised to see you here. Used to watch your videos back in the day :)

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah... Firmware files contain copyrighted content. So it ain't allowed to be shared here. Surprised to see you here. Used to watch your videos back in the day :)
I got the hint *Cough* xbins *cough* from the official thread of the app on here hahaha but still struggling. Damn it!!

And ahaha no way! Small world. It's surprising how many people on GBATemp have seen the content!

Edit: Sorted it out! 5.1.0 is gonna be my update of choice xD

Last edited by MikeyTaylorGaming,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the hint *Cough* xbins *cough* from the official thread of the app on here hahaha but still struggling. Damn it!!

And ahaha no way! Small world. It's surprising how many people on GBATemp have seen the content!

Edit: Sorted it out! 5.1.0 is gonna be my update of choice xD
Just be sure to use AutoRCM if you want to not burn fuses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?