Exclusive Acekard R.P.G. Media Blowout! *UPDATE*

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
*_*

Any info about the 2GB One?? I WANT THAT ONE FOR SURE!!! (THAT TOO HEHEH BUT I'LL WAIT FOR THE 2GB ONE!!
wink.gif
)

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Box looks nice and well done. It seems like it comes in that case from the other pics...wonder if that slot 2 holder in the case will be filled with something in the future...

roboz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for the review, want to see how really awesome this thing is with a score of probrably 9.5/10(bad at predicting stuff though). When is the review coming out again.

ryuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man, that looks really slick. I can't wait to see how they incorporate their hardware features; it'd be a total waste if the USB was used ONLY for file transfer, and the NAND was unable to be used as a RAM extension.

i didn't even think of the internal memory being used as ram but that is a good idea and if it does work then that's another + for this cart. nice interface from looks of it. o and wouldn't it suck if u had to copy games from the micro sd card to the NAND flash just to play them, lol just a thought
NAND != RAM... it can be used like RAM, but I doubt it'd write any faster than an SD card on an R4 or similar, so don't go expecting big leaps in the DS's internal memory beyond anything other than using a swapfile on a MM card (which if I don't miss my guess not many types of homebrew would use anyway).

i thought ram is Volatile and that the NAND flash is not, anyway, how come u don't think it'll write faster? i was hoping it would so someone can figure out how to use it as ram and then the homebrew possibility will skyrocket
happy.gif

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This might be the cart that makes me update from my old M3CF. Just waiting for a positive review (and availability, obviously) to make the move.

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
wow this is looking amazing

if the compatibilty is pure 100%, or even only rivaling R4 (98%), then this would be the ultimate flash cart, i mean cmon

65$ = 1 gb storage + excellent build quality + microSD slot + OPEN SOURCE + iphone-like interface

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice and colorful box
smile.gif

EDIT: May have been brought up before, but it says RSA pass.. I guess that means they're implying it supports all download play

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hrmm, a nice box for the reviews that will not be sent out to the customers.... again?

i thought ram is Volatile and that the NAND flash is not, anyway, how come u don't think it'll write faster? i was hoping it would so someone can figure out how to use it as ram and then the homebrew possibility will skyrocket
happy.gif
RAM is indeed volatile (needs power to keep refreshed) and keeps data most often via transistors (think switches that require some power to stay switched, but can be switched fast), NAND and similar nonvolatle memory keeps data by setting electrons in gates (sometimes referred to as "burning") (think switches that can only be switched from on to off, but not the opposite unless you reset a massive bunch at once to 'on').

NAND is faster at writing than many other nonvolatile memories, but it is not read nearly as fast as a full bus RAM (like a GBA slot ram expansion or internal DS memory), and in a slot 1 card it is also limited by the fact slot 1 is serial and thus has a fairly low data speed.

Example: I can write the entire 4MiB main RAM of the DS at will in a small time, perhaps 2 seconds max, and any size data which becomes available immediately. To write 4MiB to NAND, I first must erase and verify the erase of however many blocks I need (there goes 2 seconds), then write the data in chunks to those blocks while handling 'spare data' (like lba if wear leveling is done) and bad block mapping (usually requires a write verify to make sure no data was lost), and then that data is in memory for use - at least 3 times the operations so even if it was as fast as DS RAM, it would take 3x as long just to stick data into memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o