Homebrew Exception ISI!!!

dillonbladez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, when i try to load the hbc, i get a screen that says 'exception isi occurred!' and then a whole bunch of letters 'an numbers. i googled 'exception isi when loading hbc' but it only happens to people who run an application inside the hbc. i can't even start it up. it wont even start up without and SD card inside!

i dunno but if you guys need me to post a picture of the screen i will. it probably wont help tho. has anyone else had this problem???

dillonbladez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ummm im on system menu 4.1 U and i have deleted hbc and installed again with bootmii with the same error, as for the gamecube hardware thing, could it be a gamecube backup disk? im trying to play gamecube backups on my wii. at least thats what i thought the problem was till i took out the disk and the same thing happened.

dillonbladez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, i think i installed cIOS (im pretty sure, but i have bad memory lol) but im sure i installed cMIOS to attempt running gc backups

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of this problem before, I think it's a badly made XML. Try loading the HBC without the SD card to see if that's the problem.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiThoko said:
I've heard of this problem before, I think it's a badly made XML. Try loading the HBC without the SD card to see if that's the problem.

He said he tried without the SD card and it still had the same error

pembo

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have any USB devices plugged into the ports, e.g. a FAT32 drive, or anything else?
Might be worth making sure everything is unplugged, take out the SD card and try to load HBC again.

Failing that, it'll be worth copying down the stack and asking on IRC or over at WiiBrew.
One of the HBC coders should hopefully be able to take the memory address and work out where it's crashing, though I've never had much success when I've tried this to debug my own stuff
unsure.gif

pembo

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have anything plugged in the USB ports? The homebrew channel tries to read from the USB if no SD is in

ATD = Any title Deleter.

Download the MOD version as it's a little safer/easier to understand if you don't know what you're doing.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter/A...tle_Deleter_MOD

Be very careful with this as you could brick you wii if you delete the wrong things.

dillonbladez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok thanks pembo
smile.gif

edit:
?
oh yeah and uhh, should i find this 'HAXX' ticket when i go around looking with ATD? i have yet to use it, but if i do brick my wii, (i have warranty) should nintendo find hbc installed?

or is it not possible to fix a bricked wii?

Edit:

yippe, i got it to work! but i dont think i actually used the ATD. while i was installing the homebrew channel all over again, i decided to install bootmii as well. i forgot to install it a long time ago. but i dont think bootmii had anything to do with it also, but in case it did, i typed it down anyways. then i inserted the SD card and there was nothing. just the bubbles. fun if you wanna pop them but not to fun if you want something to work. anyways, i copied over some essential apps and it appeared.
smile.gif
thanks for the replies and i guess this should close down as it is solved, unless i get this problem again.

thanks for the help!!!!!

technosexual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use the hackmii installer to uninstall hbc rather than using anytitledeleter if youre uncomfortable doing so

just run hackmii installer via bannerbomb or some other method, then have it uninstall and reinstall hbc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...