Exception ISI!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by dillonbladez, Aug 8, 2009.

Aug 8, 2009

Exception ISI!!! by dillonbladez at 4:40 PM (3,687 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. dillonbladez
    OP

Newcomer dillonbladez Member

Canada
    Hi, when i try to load the hbc, i get a screen that says 'exception isi occurred!' and then a whole bunch of letters 'an numbers. i googled 'exception isi when loading hbc' but it only happens to people who run an application inside the hbc. i can't even start it up. it wont even start up without and SD card inside!

i dunno but if you guys need me to post a picture of the screen i will. it probably wont help tho. has anyone else had this problem???

2. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    First off, what Wii system menu version are you?

First uninstall it and try re-installing it using Bootmii and then report back the results.

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    no gamecube hardware inserted?

4. dillonbladez
    OP

Canada
    ummm im on system menu 4.1 U and i have deleted hbc and installed again with bootmii with the same error, as for the gamecube hardware thing, could it be a gamecube backup disk? im trying to play gamecube backups on my wii. at least thats what i thought the problem was till i took out the disk and the same thing happened.

5. mrrcorn

Newcomer mrrcorn Member

United Kingdom
    Are you SOft Modded wii or just installed Homebrew and exspected it too work.

6. dillonbladez
    OP

Canada
    Well it is soft-modded wii if you can play wii backups with neogamma or something is it not?

7. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Softmod is just altering the software, in short, installing Homebrew is technically a softmod I think.

IOS changes are much more serious, but have you installed any cIOS's or cMIOS's??

8. dillonbladez
    OP

Canada
    yeah, i think i installed cIOS (im pretty sure, but i have bad memory lol) but im sure i installed cMIOS to attempt running gc backups

9. WiiThoko

Member WiiThoko GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've heard of this problem before, I think it's a badly made XML. Try loading the HBC without the SD card to see if that's the problem.

10. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    He said he tried without the SD card and it still had the same error

11. dillonbladez
    OP

Canada
    yeah, i tried. any other ideas??

edit:

oh yeah i formatted my sd card too so there should not be any bad xml's

12. dillonbladez
    OP

Canada
    HELP?!?!?!?!

13. pembo

Member pembo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Do you have any USB devices plugged into the ports, e.g. a FAT32 drive, or anything else?
    Might be worth making sure everything is unplugged, take out the SD card and try to load HBC again.

Failing that, it'll be worth copying down the stack and asking on IRC or over at WiiBrew.
    One of the HBC coders should hopefully be able to take the memory address and work out where it's crashing, though I've never had much success when I've tried this to debug my own stuff [​IMG]

14. kLiNiKaL

Member kLiNiKaL Dr. Greenthumb

Jamaica
    delete HBC, run ATD and delete the HAXX title and ticket, full reboot and then reinstall it.

15. dillonbladez
    OP

Canada
    Sorry for the noobish question, but what does ATD and HAXX stand for and how do i go about the process?

16. pembo

Member pembo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Do you have anything plugged in the USB ports? The homebrew channel tries to read from the USB if no SD is in

ATD = Any title Deleter.

Download the MOD version as it's a little safer/easier to understand if you don't know what you're doing.
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter/A...tle_Deleter_MOD

Be very careful with this as you could brick you wii if you delete the wrong things.

17. dillonbladez
    OP

Canada
    ok thanks pembo [​IMG]

edit:
    ?
    oh yeah and uhh, should i find this 'HAXX' ticket when i go around looking with ATD? i have yet to use it, but if i do brick my wii, (i have warranty) should nintendo find hbc installed?

or is it not possible to fix a bricked wii?

Edit:

yippe, i got it to work! but i dont think i actually used the ATD. while i was installing the homebrew channel all over again, i decided to install bootmii as well. i forgot to install it a long time ago. but i dont think bootmii had anything to do with it also, but in case it did, i typed it down anyways. then i inserted the SD card and there was nothing. just the bubbles. fun if you wanna pop them but not to fun if you want something to work. anyways, i copied over some essential apps and it appeared. [​IMG] thanks for the replies and i guess this should close down as it is solved, unless i get this problem again.

thanks for the help!!!!!

18. technosexual

Newcomer technosexual Member

United States
    you can use the hackmii installer to uninstall hbc rather than using anytitledeleter if youre uncomfortable doing so

just run hackmii installer via bannerbomb or some other method, then have it uninstall and reinstall hbc

19. Jampashley1996

Newcomer Jampashley1996 Member

United Kingdom
    Hey mate i had same problem as you
    It turns out my ipod (which was plugged into the USB port) was interfering with HBC.
    When i unplugged it, HBC worked again