Exception (DSI) Occurred! Using Gecko OS and Smash Stack

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by (specter), Dec 14, 2010.

1. (specter)
    OP

Newcomer (specter) Newbie

United States
    If I add any more codes to my Brawl Minus GCT, every time after Gecko boots it will take me to a black screen with all this coding on it. When I deleted these new codes I didn't get the error. I don't understand why it won't allow me to add any more codes. Is there a limit or something?

I am using Gecko OS and Smash Stack, also using a gameconfig.txt which should allow me to go over the 256 line limit, but somehow I'm still limited on how many codes I can add to my GCT.

Anyway, the error went like this:

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    You use Smash Stack to boot Gecko OS to play SSBB with cheats? Did you try to boot LoadMii with Smash Stack, and then boot Gecko OS from there? Trying HBC would be another option of course.

Also Gecko OS mod might do everything you need too:
    http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,5823.0.html
    (compared to regular Gecko OS, its wii game capabilies are limited due to always using IOS36, but SSBB uses IOS36...)

3. (specter)
    OP

United States
    What just happened? Why was my post deleted after I tried to edit???? Now I have to type everything all over again..................................... [​IMG]

That is correct.

I don't even know what "LoadMii" is.

I have Wii version 4.3U so I can't use HBC hence why I use Smash Stack. Not downgrading my Wii and even if I had a lower version I would never consider it because I don't want to risk screwing everything up. It's bad enough I can barely even soft-mod Brawl without constant problems. I even once got "system files are corrupt" upon booting Brawl during the installation of Smash Stack...

What's the Gecko mod thing for? I don't follow.

Do you know what causes this error? I like the solution but I'd also like to know the cause.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a noob but I'm only one month old with Brawl Minus and the world of video game hacking, so I'm still a newbie in some areas.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    1. You can use Smash Stack to run the latest hackmii installer, which will allow you to install HBC even on 4.3
    2. Gecko OS mod is almost the same as Gecko OS, so if Gecko OS fails, Gecko OS mod might work instead
    3. LoadMii is a homebrew app that allows to run other homebrew:
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/LoadMii
    I mentioned it, because your problems may be related to the way you launch Gecko OS, running homebrew directly via an exploit seems to be buggy sometimes.

5. (specter)
    OP

United States
    Oh, I see. Well I still don't want to put any hacked stuff on my console regardless of how it's done. It voids my warranty, and, like I mentioned before, I don't want to risk screwing anything up as I've shown I'm very noobish when dealing with hacks such as these. I'm just not intelligent around them for some reason, most likely because I lack common sense and critical thinking skills. I wasn't in special ed in school for nothing lol.

About the Gecko mod, so what do I do just put it on my root or something? How would it work?

And yeah I run it via an exploit so it would make sense if it has bugs...hey, while we're talking about this mind answering another question real quick? I experience another bug which sometimes, albeit not that often, the game will not load Gecko OS and just sit on the Stage Builder screen instead of taking me to Gecko. I have to reboot my Wii once or twice since it will semi-freeze (music and animations still play, but controls are frozen) and try it again.