Exams

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by nxwing, Nov 14, 2015.

1. nxwing
    OP

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    Hey temp! I just got back home from school after finishing my exams! I want to know your opinion on exams. Are they needed? Do you like them? Have you failed in any of them or do you have good grades in them?

2. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    If you're in your teens, the one test you do not want to be sitting is a pregnancy test.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I reckon it would be better to know early and do something about then.

Back on topic. Exams are not the worst thing but I have never found them especially useful either -- so many people I have seen just learn things for the exam and forget most things afterwards. Similarly when exam technique is a thing that is not a great position.
    On the other hand I do not have many viable alternatives if there needs to be a lot of people taught and confirmed that things have sunk in (ish). I much prefer exams to coursework as well.

Failed. A few over the years if I did not bother to revise/learn the test or gambled and lost on things in tests. Good grades. As long as the grades I got allowed me to continue to the next level if I was going there I never cared what I got and I would much rather learn something than get a good grade.

HaloEffect17 and Tomato Hentai like this.
  4. Lucar

Lucar Professional Ferret

Sep 12, 2015
    Canada
    New Donk City
    I agree. :wacko: Would not be a fun experience.

This sums up what I wish to say perfectly. Thanks, @FAST6191.