Hacking EWIN2 Flashcart

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
according to yyjoy.com compatiblity will be 100% upon release, at the moment 1 game isn't working, but this will be solved soon.

i really like the design and quality of these cards, they don't look as cheap as EZ4 Lite, Supercard...

"burn dreams at will"
rofl2.gif

it's a pity they don't offer support and updates in english...
frown.gif

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks pretty good. I'll considering getting this one. Language is not a problem for me, since I am Chinese.

Redux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The SD/MiniSD carts look pretty good. Better than Supercard/M3, imo.

I can understand the MicroSD sticking out a bit, since the EZ4 Lite's card slot is so awkwardly designed.

I would love to see what the PCB layout looks like, causing the bit that sticks out to be so thick.

Also whether the quality of the shell is par and above.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Being an avid flash cart collector I have to say I wish they that eWin would support English better. I just played with my eWin and the carts plastic feels so well designed and sturdy and it looks like it has the same plastic it looks like in the pictures/ The quality is the best than any cart in my current collection. Again though, the eWin had english support and I think they dropped it so I would be afraid to buy this...but Chinese gamers I would reccomend this...oh and quality with a super cheap price can't be beat.

Redux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
just played with my eWin and the carts plastic feels so well designed and sturdy and it looks like it has the same plastic it looks like in the pictures/
Wow, that's great to hear. Thanks!

I'm not so nazi about languages, so I might keep an eye out for this one.

amuse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ewin2 microSD will stick out about 4.7mm from the DS Lite. All 3 versions (SD, miniSD, microSD) are suppose to be "under $200HKD" scheduled for release on July 20.

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
final prices:

Ewin2 SD:139Yuan

Ewin2 MINI-SD:169Yuan

Ewin2 Micro-SD:199Yuan

these prices are REALLY low, even for china!!! an ez4 lite is about 400Yuan (but it has GBA support), a M3 Perfect MiniSD is about 250Yuan.

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the loader menu seems to be in english at the moment (according to yyjoy.com), chinese isn't supported yet. interesting... maybe they offer english support this time...

29.jpg

30.jpg

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
G6 has pretty much nailed what a perfect manu should look like but ewin supports long file name support and looks pretty clean so I am interested in picking this one up even if its not in English...down the road? Really strange how its in English now though? Maybe they realize they can make money off everyone else? Either way I told myself I'd quit picking up extra kits and be happy with the ones I have.....but this cart is calling me.....I think I will wait and pick this and the ninjaDS at the same time. Cant wait

r3z

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yyjoy.com will recieve cards for testing today, impressions will be posted tomorrow!

Is this the impressions thread?.. Can anyone pick out any useful information. Seems to have a lot more pictures, including shots of games running and the packaging (it shows the three different colour shells inside the box for the micro SD version - so is it confirmed that you'd get all 3 and can change them yourself?).

Talking about the micro SD version particularly, I've got to say that the build quality looks very good.. I thought it looked kind of blocky/ugly plastic and shape in the shots I had seen re-posted here and elsewhere as they were just of the 'label'-side and I wanted to know what it looked like when the DS Lite was open and you were playing.. in fact it doesn't look bad at all especially for Navy which I have (although the pic isn't clear and they're probably using the lighting to good effect). They've done a good job of making it look 'right' when inserted even though it isn't flush (moreso than EZ4 Lite I would say).

The G6 Lite menu is very flash, but I could live with a simple, clear list/file browser as I have with the Supercard SD.
I was waiting to see what Supercard Lite was like but I have a feeling that it will stick out (which I wouldn't mind if it's done well to fit in with the style of the machine, like with the EWIN2) and that it'll only be in 'classic' Supercard transparent blue/purple, which I would mind a bit more seeing as other manufacturers are offering matching colour shells, but I guess that as more DSL colours are being released it's becoming less practical (I noticed yyjoy used both black and pink DSL in some of their shots). Actually, the transparent blue of the Supercard SD would be ok with the Navy DSL..

amuse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes there is an english option.

I'll probably pick one up when I see one from an official reseller selling for retail price. Some shops are putting a 20-75% markup on it since it's the newest flash cart device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys probably wearing winter jackets when in 60's in Cali.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL LMAO
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway