Hacking EVO3ds: Possible new flashcart for 3DS games?

It's EVo3ds the new flashcart of the Gateway team?

• Yes

Votes: 85 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 80 39.6%
  • NA

Votes: 37 18.3%

• Total voters

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country
The multirom video for the Evo3DS shows that it neither uses a button on the cart (like MT-card) nor a submenu (like Gateway) to switch between Roms. This seems like an indication that neither team is behind the Evo3DS.

Instead the video indicated that you would use Up on the Directional Pad in order swap between Roms.

This seems odd since the Directional Pad is already assigned to moving the Icon Selection Box under the standard Home Navigation System. This makes it hard to imagine how the system will distinguish between whether you want to switch Roms or just move the icon Selection Box.

This could be interpreted as an indication that the Evo3DS may not even be real. The videos could easily have been doctored with some simple video editing and masking. And somebody not too familiar with the 3DS could easily slip up and forget that the Directional Pad Up is already assigned to something on the Home Menu.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Even though it may be pointless, I want to see them try loading Pokemon Bank.
(If they can bypass 7xx keys shenanigans, it might bear hope for future eshop roms, as long as those roms are mass downloads, not previously downloaded)

The multirom video for the Evo3DS shows that it neither uses a button on the cart (like MT-card) nor a submenu (like Gateway) to switch between Roms. This seems like an indication that neither team is behind the Evo3DS.

Or GW purposely avoided using the menu to prevent detection [/conspiracy theory]

I really really hope they aren't gateway. I'm itching to use mine.

Warft

Say my name!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Features:
-Multirom
-Load eshop games
-Wifi Switch ON
-Load exploit without press L button
-EUR console in 4.5.
-Emunand function in 7.X
-NAND Save games compatible.
-5 menu items:
1. Classic Mode - Select Game - Backup retail games ?
2. Format Emunand ?
3. Nand Backup - Backup retail games ?
4. Play Backup Mode
5. Options ?

-EUR console in 4.5.??????

are they limiting their market to only EUR consoles?
It's only the features shown in the videos.

http://evo3ds.com/ is not working anymore.
The "index" page still working:
http://www.evo3ds.com/index.jpg
And the new:
http://www.evo3ds.com/index_OK1.jpg

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read through this whole thread. I have to say, as a Gateway owner, I'm a little perturbed by this speculation. If I hadn't spent $70+ on this cart, I wouldn't be so nervous about this. It's probably all untrue and Gateway will be posting their 2.0 final update sometime this year (lol), but still... What if it's true? It goes without saying that I share Queno138's sentiments:

I really really hope they aren't gateway.

Also, eShop titles being played? If this is another team and that was in fact possible, maybe the Gateway could include that in future updates to the cart, assuming special hardware isn't needed for that. But I'm not too involved in the techy hardware-side of things. The wait. It sucks.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
there is always the final possibility of this being another leaked beta, going off what the phoenix write nfo said about patching the sig checks, i can only assume the release group either had access to the elusive 2.0 final and patching sig checks was something they had planned all along, or the release group where working with this new team/gateway re-brand for dumping eshop games ready for its release, either way the release of eshop games was not a coincidence

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
there is always the final possibility of this being another leaked beta, going off what the phoenix write nfo said about patching the sig checks, i can only assume the release group either had access to the elusive 2.0 final and patching sig checks was something they had planned all along, or the release group where working with this new team/gateway re-brand for dumping eshop games ready for its release, either way the release of eshop games was not a coincidence

Or they are a completely legit team dreaming of conquering the 3DS flashcard market and ended up on Official GBATemp Conspiracy Theories thread™ instead.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Or they are a completely legit team dreaming of conquering the 3DS flashcard market and ended up on Official GBATemp Conspiracy Theories thread™ instead.
i did say new team/gateway re-brand, could be one or the other, all i am saying is its very unlikely that the release group decided to just dump eshop games repacked into a format to play from flash cards just a week or so before another card pops up claiming to be able to run them.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hm if it is fake Gateway would email one of us immediately.
On the other side they must mention it on their site they might have busy days.
I just hope they won't let down the original 2.0 firmware for Gateway.

Reactions: jrr6415sun

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm if it is fake Gateway would email one of us immediately.
On the other side they must mention it on their site they might have busy days.
I just hope they won't let down the original 2.0 firmware for Gateway.

Odd that GW havn't responded to this in any way? If they weren't related surely they'd post immediately about them not being one and the same... Even to continue pushing sales.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd that GW havn't responded to this in any way? If they weren't related surely they'd post immediately about them not being one and the same... Even to continue pushing sales.

Playing devil's advocate here, GW could just as easily make this post on their site and still be lying. This would push their sales still. They can very well have their cake and eat it, too!

Hellz92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Friends who are in the flashcard/modding business.

Edit : I however cannot confirm it, it's just what I heard from them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk