Hacking EVO3ds: Possible new flashcart for 3DS games?

It's EVo3ds the new flashcart of the Gateway team?

• Yes

Votes: 85 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 80 39.6%
  • NA

Votes: 37 18.3%

• Total voters

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You call it obvious. I'll wait for more information before saying that.

I call it obvious because it is obvious. You have rocks in your head, or you are just naive, if you think that they did the work from scratch, to create a card that functions just like GW without being based on GW's code.

Reactions: jrr6415sun

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using starting code based from Gateway does not imply it is a clone.

Point in case: NAND saving they showed. If no firmware of GW supports it, how could they have cloned it.

Now comes all the delusional people claiming they got some leaked private beta from Gateway, lol

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using starting code based from Gateway does not imply it is a clone.

Point in case: NAND saving they showed. If no firmware of GW supports it, how could they have cloned it.

Now comes all the delusional people claiming they got some leaked private beta from Gateway, lol

Well, even the cards that are called GW clones (R4i /3DSLink) are not 1 to 1 copies of GW.

It is a question of how much has been changed, and how much "own" work has been done. There will always be some "own" work that has been done, even if it is predominantly based on GW's work/code.

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, even the cards that are called GW clones (R4i /3DSLink) are not 1 to 1 copies of GW.

It is a question of how much has been changed, and how much "own" work has been done. There will always be some "own" work that has been done, even if it is predominantly based on GW's work/code.
Or if the Evo3Ds was made by Gateway under a different name.
I think that this is pretty likely because no one has done any of their own work except GW and it's pretty suspicious that they've been silent all this time.

vorgrien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I call it obvious because it is obvious. You have rocks in your head, or you are just naive, if you think that they did the work from scratch, to create a card that functions just like GW without being based on GW's code.
Using this analogy, then a Modern era Ferrari is a "clone" of a Cugnot Steam Trolley because the Cugnot had a motor, 4 wheels, a frame, and steering mechanism just like Ferrari does today. There is always going to be a person/company that comes up with the first step or new method of doing something, but that doesnt necessarily mean that everything that follows in its wake need be named Clone.

Reactions: spiral6 and NEP

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Using this analogy, then a Modern era Ferrari is a "clone" of a Cugnot Steam Trolley because the Cugnot had a motor, 4 wheels, a frame, and steering mechanism just like Ferrari does today. There is always going to be a person/company that comes up with the first step or new method of doing something, but that doesnt necessarily mean that everything that follows in its wake need be named Clone.
iirc some of the resident experts examined the MT launcher and said its mostly identical coding to the gateway launcher, its not a "similar design", its exact same coding I.E a copy and paste job, with a few extra bit thrown in

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

That's the problem with analogies; you are talking about something else.
Why not keep to the issue at hand? Because you want to prove me wrong by talking about something else (i.e. cars) instead?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
For me, team TrueBlue = team Gateway : same brick code method implanted in their update, same type of communication, even genius in the development...

By cons I do not see the interest they would have to abandon GW ship while their linker is the most famous, most purchased (now) and the only one which development is assured.

True Blue has disappeared because the hackers were able to decrypt their construction method for build modified EBOOT and therefore the use of the dongle was obsolete.

The Gateway is not likely to disappear because it is the goose that lays golden eggs in addition to being the spearhead of 3DS linkers. B-)

TrueBlue died as the lvl0 where leaked allowing people to do what they did, but for free and with no drm, duplex reversed engineered their drm and released eboots also just not the method to do so... Just like all scenes, people profit off methods where at the end of the day are doable for free and then shit on each other http://pastie.org/private/bpdbm9ejwwr1s5q9teaq

Reactions: weatMod

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What worries me is that they arent replying to emails. That is what is kind of indicating to me that the team is dropping the entire project. I never seen anyone sick for a period of time longer than a week. Stating the team is sick is just the most bull excuse. I dont know if I should just keep my fingers crossed, but in my opinion, if they dont let something out to the public by april 1st, I think they are done. If only we could at least get a decent email reply from them.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They could've recreated the launcher from 0 (even if it's unlikely). GW is not the only team that can do these things.
I mean that we don't know yet which features EVO3DS wants to implement/ implemented. We have nothing more than a video showing that they have a Menu and that they support NAND saving.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Suspicious silence from GW and now a new flashcard announcement.

I wouldn't be surprised to see GW flee under a new identity because of the bricking fiasco, to be honest. They probably received a shitload of hatemail from everyone and might be under the assumption that nobody will support them again.
To stop the paranoia we'll make it short : Gateway team is associated with a distributor of their hardware (linker).
Their confessions, they do not have the skills to distribute their product themselves.
As long as there is no other 3DS linker available from this distributor, Gateway is the only product they sell.

In my opinion, they do not respond to emails because it must be unmanageable since the history of legitimate brick video sequences posted by gamesquest1, and their only way to get things flat is to offer a clean firmware without brick bug and especially better protected since the release of MT card fw1.1.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To stop the paranoia we'll make it short : Gateway team is associated with a distributor of their hardware (linker).
Their confessions, they do not have the skills to distribute their product themselves.
As long as there is no other 3DS linker available from this distributor, Gateway is the only product they sell.
They always have the option to disappear, come up with a new name and get rid of any contractual association they may have as "GATEWAY".

In my opinion, they do not respond to emails because it must be unmanageable since the history of legitimate brick video sequences posted by gamesquest1, and their only way to get things flat is to offer a clean firmware without brick bug and especially better protected since the release of MT card fw1.1.
A single update on their frontpage would be enough. I'm sure it's worth spending 15 seconds of their time to write "we're alive", as that will slow down the email spam considerably. I'm sure it's worth it.

Reactions: jrr6415sun

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sure but a single update message for who ?!?
GBATemp users who are impatient and rave on a conspiracy theory...

Let's be reasonable, with each new video or release of a new firmware of Gateway team, sales of their linker explode !
Simply they'll do buz again with the final 2.0 firmware and everything is rolling for them.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure but a single update message for who ?!?
GBATemp users who are impatient and rave on a conspiracy theory...

Let's be reasonable, with each new video or release of a new firmware of Gateway team, sales of their linker explode !
Simply they'll do buz again with the final 2.0 firmware and everything is rolling for them.

You saw my thread right? Things are not looking good for gateway as a brand. Their team however are probably still well and alive and probably hard at work.

Final 2.0 is.... unlikely based on the information i've collated. It's still possible but unlikely.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If the Gateway software can be modifyed, what are the issues preventing a unofficial 2.0 update made by a homebrew/developer team?

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
If the Gateway software can be modifyed, what are the issues preventing a unofficial 2.0 update made by a homebrew/developer team?

Do you really think someone against piracy will modify fw of a piracy device which will cause more people to buy their hardware mod? If those dev.s wanted to help people pirate games you can be sure we'd have a CFW or a free rom loader, but as you can see we don't. So I'd say don't expect someone other than GW team to modify gw firmware to make gw card work better.

Terry Lot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You saw my thread right? Things are not looking good for gateway as a brand. Their team however are probably still well and alive and probably hard at work.

Final 2.0 is.... unlikely based on the information i've collated. It's still possible but unlikely.
I noticed there are a couple of other EVO videos on the same site. One demos eShop games and the other shows Multi rom, NAND saving and eShop ~ It is clearly based on the same exploit but could be independent work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: We all should have free health, dental, vision care, and make the college kids pay for the...