Hacking EVO3ds: Possible new flashcart for 3DS games?

It's EVo3ds the new flashcart of the Gateway team?

• Yes

Votes: 85 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 80 39.6%
  • NA

Votes: 37 18.3%

• Total voters

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I fucking hope not, I've backed GW the whole time and this would really take the biscuit. This new site has been registered since January and the box art and site's use of fractals is a little similar to GW.

This is going to suck balls.. You'd think they would have finished the site ready for sales by now though?

If anything... COME ONE TEAM HOMEBREW - Lets get some CFW to destroy this flashcart money machine.

I said in another post, if MT release another update and GW fail to release 2.0 final within the next month or so. Expect GW to go bust and return under a different name, so backing a triad run business, expect nothing in return.

It reminds me too much of the PS3 Scene drama with dongles and especially True Blue. I hope a free loader comes to light and fucks flashcarts too, non are to be trusted and I learnt the hard way.

Reactions: jrr6415sun

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Suspicious silence from GW and now a new flashcard announcement.

I wouldn't be surprised to see GW flee under a new identity because of the bricking fiasco, to be honest. They probably received a shitload of hatemail from everyone and might be under the assumption that nobody will support them again.

Reactions: jrr6415sun

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I said in another post, if MT release another update and GW fail to release 2.0 final within the next month or so. Expect GW to go bust and return under a different name, so backing a triad run business, expect nothing in return.

It reminds me too much of the PS3 Scene drama with dongles and especially True Blue. I hope a free loader comes to light and fucks flashcarts too, non are to be trusted and I learnt the hard way.

Did you send a bricked console to GW? Did you get it back fixed? If no, how long has it been?

Thanks!

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France

For me, team TrueBlue = team Gateway : same brick code method implanted in their update, same type of communication, even genius in the development...

By cons I do not see the interest they would have to abandon GW ship while their linker is the most famous, most purchased (now) and the only one which development is assured.

True Blue has disappeared because the hackers were able to decrypt their construction method for build modified EBOOT and therefore the use of the dongle was obsolete.

The Gateway is not likely to disappear because it is the goose that lays golden eggs in addition to being the spearhead of 3DS linkers. B-)

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Did you send a bricked console to GW? Did you get it back fixed? If no, how long has it been?

Thanks!

Yeah, I shipped my bricked unit to them back in mid-late January. Last reply from GW was on the 19th Feb saying they are "handling the consoles", which I have sent 6 emails since and nothing back. I have heard that others have had nothing replied to them either and some rumour of their email team being sick and just got back to work recently. I think its a load of shite to be honest and they saw their ASS big time over the bricking fiasco, which backfired on them.

They still don't have the decency to own up to beta 2 bricking consoles and instead blamed clones, fake cards, modified launchers and still they have b2 on the downloads page. Just mess around with Diagnostics for a bit and it will happen, which is now confirmed. It is also more than a coincidence that MT removed the diagnostics check it in their 1.1, so it just goes to show that GW are not to be trusted nor any flashcart maker. Its a corrupt business with corrupt people just wanting to make money.

I laugh at how many still support them, crying and eagerly awaiting 2.0 final. It may get released or it may not, yet personally I couldn't give a rats ass if it does or does not. I'm not butt hurt over my bricked unit, I just want to get across that they are not to be trusted and look at my case as a prime example. People should not waste their money on it just to play pirated roms, as there is more to life than just video games and constantly waiting anxiously for a version of software that may never get released.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dunno why you would trust a flashcart manufacturer in the first place. Always been this way, flashcart teams come and go, promise stuff that never comes, pop up under another name etc.

Don't know why anyone would think Gateway would suddenly be the exception.

As for people supporting them still, well it's either them or the morale brigade with "we have/know X, but lol, you can't have it".

Of course the 3rd option is go legit, but then, look what forum you are on.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is extremely disturbing news. Look at the odds, gateway hasn't been answering emails lately and a new cart magically comes out. I'm sure I, along with everyone else would hate to have to buy another flashcart. Where is the cfw already. It should be time to screw all these guys even though gateway made their profit. Has anyone gotten any emails from gateway by the wway? Any neqs or anything? I dont understand how they would release the multi rom video and not release the update yet. I dont see why they would release a new video then avert to another flashcart. Things are so confusing right now.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Probably because it is very obviously a GW clone.
You call it obvious. I'll wait for more information before saying that.

This is extremely disturbing news. Look at the odds, gateway hasn't been answering emails lately and a new cart magically comes out. I'm sure I, along with everyone else would hate to have to buy another flashcart. Where is the cfw already. It should be time to screw all these guys even though gateway made their profit. Has anyone gotten any emails from gateway by the wway? Any neqs or anything? I dont understand how they would release the multi rom video and not release the update yet. I dont see why they would release a new video then avert to another flashcart. Things are so confusing right now.
It can be another card from R4i as well. They already have released many 3ds mode flashcards over the past months.

Reactions: Foxi4

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You call it obvious. I'll wait for more information before saying that.

It can be another card from R4i as well. They already have released many 3ds mode flashcards over the past months.
I wonder what happened to crown3ds. Although they havent released a card (yet), at least they didnt clone gateway liike all the other fakes which they could have done along time ago if crown3ds really is a flashcart in development.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all flashcart teams are "untrustworthy". I was a huge EZFlash supporter almost from their beginnings. I can say with all honesty, when they promised something, they delivered. I hope this new 3ds card team will follow in EZFlash's footsteps. Personally I refuse to buy any 3ds card until a cheat system is implemented. To me that is more important than multi-rom. Both would be awesome!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I dont understand how they would release the multi rom video and not release the update yet. I dont see why they would release a new video then avert to another flashcart. Things are so confusing right now.
sorry for adding to the off topic chat, but just wanted to add an theory to this here, the whole delays could of been because they hit a brick wall with actually applying the FPGA update via the 3ds, the card in their video could of just been a externally updated card.

i don't think their initial plan would of been to just drop the card and release a new one under a new name, but if it is possible that they found out that their planned method of updating didn't actually work it could be feasible that it was a last resort to just drop it and start programming their new chips under a new name with their already complete 2.0 update, after all their mud slinging about "hahaha we are update-able just you wait clones" it would of been a bit embarrassing to say.....ooops it didn't work out like we planned all the early adopters are screwed sorry but here is gateway 2.0 buy now!!!! they would loose any future trust from the community, so its easier to pretend your a different team and have the slate wiped clean, especially after the bricking fiasco

hopefully i'm wrong, but it would appear the FPGA update was the only thing they didn't show actually working, everyone assumed they had done it because they showed a gateway card using the new features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U