Hacking EVO3ds: Possible new flashcart for 3DS games?

It's EVo3ds the new flashcart of the Gateway team?

• Yes

Votes: 85 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 80 39.6%
  • NA

Votes: 37 18.3%

• Total voters

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
http://www.usar4.com/others-evo3ds-the-new-flashcart-for-3ds-games-p-17.html

This is the only website that I have checked that have "stock" units. Others are out of stock.. I am getting confused if this is a real card or a scam and the resellers are getting scammed as well
Beware, this product is currently unknown by local chinese suppliers from Shenzen and Guangzhou, also do not fall into the trap of websites that claim to have this product in stock.
It can only be a scam !

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Or GW purposely avoided using the menu to prevent detection [/conspiracy theory]

I really really hope they aren't gateway. I'm itching to use mine.

I doubt that they would avoid showing the multirom menu out if fear that people would see it as evidence that Gateway and EVo3DS are the same team.

First of all it probably took a lot of work to get that menu working and downgrading the multirom to use Directional Pad Up instead not only means throwing out that work but also that they would need to put in additional work just to make the rom switching interface more primitive. This is not even mentioning they would be doing something that will make the rom swapping interface conflict with the built in navigation system in the Home Menu.

Also if they were trying to drum up interest, which they certainly are, the menu would certainly have been far more eye catching.

Also, just because both Gateway and Evo3DS used the same style menu for multirom would not be conclusive evidence that they were developed by the same team.

It would be entirely possible that their software is based on a leaked Gateway 2.0 Beta. Altenatively, they could simply have imitated the style of the Gateway Multirom Menu because they thought it was the best way to handle multirom selection as well.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it would be a lot if trouble to do away with the multirom menu just to hide any relationship that might exist between Gateway and Evo3DS.

This is particularly true when you consider the fact that a lot of the things that people have been pointing to as evidence that suggests a relationship between Gateway and Evo3DS could have been easily addresses with much less effort.

For instance the site layout similarities between the Gateway and Evo3DS websites as well as the packaging of both products appear to almost have been intentionally done in order to suggest a link between the two flash carts. If they really wanted to hide any relationship between Evo3DS and Gateway, both of these would have taken very little effort make more dissimilar.

On the other hand, if you take into consideration that Evo3DS for some reason is trying to convince people that the team behind it is also the team behind Gateway, this would explain the similarities in the packaging and the website along with the timing of its announcement. At the same time it would be very hard for them to edit the teaser videos to show the multirom video working through the simple video editing and masking techniques that may have been used to doctor the teaser videos.

I for one am not discounting the possibility that the Evo3DS is simply a hoax or that the teaser videos were doctored to get people to buy the Evo3DS on the assumption that the features are already intact at launch.

There is already precedent for this kind of thing happening. MT-Card for example claimed to have a lot of features that were absent from their product at launch. This is despite the fact that they released teaser videos showing things that were actually not working yet. Granted, some of these features were later introduced in a patch that was released a couple of months later. Though one should also take note that quite a few important features have not even been addressed yet.

In a sense, it makes perfect sense that Evo3DS might want to convince people that the team behind their cart is the development team behind Gateway even if thus is not true. After all, Gateway is the only one to have released new innovative features at all, with the one possible exception of MT-Card's multirom hardware button.

Gateway's reputation is such that if you assume they are behind Evo3DS, you would have little doubt that the features shown on the teaser videos would be available at launch. That is certainly not something you would take for granted if you assumed that Evo3DS was released by some new hack clone company.

Warft

Say my name!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The website changed again, only shows the background image:
9eJaEgC.jpg

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing we have so many new and awesome games to distract us to make time go by at least a little faster. I've yet to play a HUGE backlog of games already! I think I'm gonna sink into a hole with my backlog and emerge a month or 2 from now when hopefully we'll have more news (or I'll try, at least). :)

m2300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
well the browser doesn't update the site(evo3ds.com) cache automatically. the only other site i have encountered and does that is the gateway site so it is very likely that the two websites are developed by the same person or persons.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What a bullshit talk here on this topic. Just read what gw is telling you. Thank you all for your support and patience. We're almost there, hang in there just a bit longer!
Of cource gw team is still working on it and evo3ds is a total different organisation if called so. They wanna lift on the succes of gw.Within a few months the final 2.0 will be released!

http://www.r4ds.me/
Yeah I'm also waiting since 2008 for R4 to officially update their NDS card. I'm sure they didn't run off to make a new cart, because in the description they say that this cart would never be obsolete, so it must be true.
Just gotta wait a couple more years.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
I just lol'ed to myself imagining Gateway releasing 2.0 on April Fools day, all like "Here's 2.0! Evo3DS was our little joke. Gotcha!"

Unless 'EVO' release a public statement:

"Oops sorry everyone we stole GW's leaked 2.0f FW and when we took it to mass market we bricked our testers 3ds's as the carts weren't official GW carts. YOU'LL HAVE TO BUY OFFICIAL GW CARTS TO ENJOY ALL THE FEATURES WE TOLD YOU ABOUT - BYE, ENJOY GW'

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just lol'ed to myself imagining Gateway releasing 2.0 on April Fools day, all like "Here's 2.0! Evo3DS was our little joke. Gotcha!"

"Joke's on you, we took a massive PR and consumer trust hit in order to fool 15 people on GBATEMP.net! In addition to making people dig things up and possibly find out our involvement with existing competition!"
Yes, they would totally get us good. I sure hope this never happens cause I'd feel too owned. :creep:

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
Domain Name: EVO3DS.COM
Registrar: JIANGSU BANGNING SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY CO. LTD
Whois Server: whois.55hl.com
Referral URL: http://www.55hl.com
Name Server: NS1.4CUN.COM
Name Server: NS2.4CUN.COM
Updated Date: 06-jan-2014
Creation Date: 06-jan-2014