Status
Not open for further replies.

nachuz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
1.-EmuNand can lead to corruptions on exFat since is constantly writing files on it, meaning that trying to not force users to format their SD cards to get a new partition leads to corruptions losing save files on the emunand and games on Nintendo/Emutendo folders (Source: @Essasetic )
2.-On 2.2.1, they added a feature that ejecting a HDD would lead to eject the gamecard emulating too... nobody requested it, nobody liked it, bugs had came because of it: You can't go to sleep mode anymore because the HDD goes to sleep mode too, and you can't change from docked to handheld mode by disconnecting and connecting the HDD... people had commented this on their forums, and because of this, if Team Xecuter hears their fans, they would change it on 2.3, but they didn't
3.-Related to point 2, a few versions ago, they removed the option to open the album by pressing L, they never added it again, even if fans requested it
4.-EmuNands are not working on some people, having black screens

In conclussion: 2.3 is terrible, cuts are being made, unnecessary additions are also being made, Team Xecuter ignores their fans bugs reports and suggestions even on a Beta version, they only want money, not caring about what does happend to their users

On a good side, they don't steal anymore(unless if they didn't paid or asked authorization to that cart dumper dev)

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You technically have @Ev1l0rd to thank for the explanation (before it got deleted.) But really it's common sense why writing the same files over and over again would cause corruption on an exFAT SD card.

Reactions: nachuz

johnsnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wait you could change from docked mode to handheld by disconnecting and connecting the usb hdd?

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but exfat isn't stable. this sxos version is in beta and exfat probably'll never be fully stable (known for corruptions). Maybe trying multiple unstable things in tandem just shouldn't be done. Or you could wait for it to be finalized before you bitch about everything. Just because there are more "stable" betas out there doesn't mean anything.

nachuz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Wait you could change from docked mode to handheld by disconnecting and connecting the usb hdd?
yes, obviously only if you were on home menu or sleep mode with the game suspended, but after 2.2.1, now you have to close the app for that

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For god's sake, since SX has supported HDD, I haven't encountered an issue of loading HDD or putting the Switch in sleep mode and/or wake the system up when connecting to HDD even directly connected or from the dock/ adapter or third party dock at all.

johnsnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes, obviously only if you were on home menu or sleep mode with the game suspended, but after 2.2.1, now you have to close the app for that
How is this a useful feature? I don't see why you would use this?

Maybe I don't understand yet how you use this

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I love this update, it's freaking been awesome the last few releases - and easily the £20 I've ever spent. No hastles to play game dumps, I can dump my cartidges to xci - play nsp, test my backed up nand in emunand to make sure it's not corrupted. Play in emunand - go online on retail nand (no need to reflash). Play/Install games from HD.

TX have done a fantastic job with this CFW, only an idiot would think otherwise.

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how worked up people get about sxos. If you don't like it, don't use it. I don't like cigarettes, but I'm not going to shit on cigarettes every time I see one.
Also, I have a feeling Team-Xecuter's statement of "And yes, also those new 'unhackable' consoles are high up on the agenda. Don't worry, we will deliver." will change peoples minds when it happens.

Reactions: retrofan_k
D

Deleted User

I don't understand the need for such a poll.
"Please rate this update on a scale from 1-10"
.... get outta here with that.

This poll was brought to you by Huggies Diapers. Collecting the babies' feces since 1968

Reactions: WiiuGold and jakkal

nachuz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's funny how SX OS fanboys consider a risky emunand more important than the HDD support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended