EverSD Does not seem to be working

Sky7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received my EverSD for my Evercade. Formatted the micro SD card Fat32, created the folder "game" in the root directory. I put a single NES rom in the game directory to test. I turn on the Evercade and I get a black screen with a 1/1 at the bottom right. Cannot start the NES rom with any button push. I have firmware 1.2.0 on the EverCade.

The NES rom is a confirmed working ROM from my NES EverDrive. My EverCade is also confirmed working as I can plug in a official EverCade cart and it works fine.

Do I have a defective EverSD cart?

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you just haven't set it up correctly. More files are required to be on the SD card for the game to load.

If you want to use the stock UI and only load roms from Evercade's officially supported systems See the following thread and follow the instructions for 1.2.0/stock emulators. If you want to use retroarch and it's UI for loading games see the same thread and follow the instructions for 1.3.1/retroarch.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/eversd-for-evercade-firmware-1-3-1-now-with-retroarch-support.583582/

If you want to use retroarch as your backend to support many systems but still launch games from the stock UI, goto the thread above and setup your card for retroarch first, and then afterwards see my thread (which is linked in my signature) for additional downloads and steps to use the stock UI as the launcher/frontend for retroarch.

If you need help with any of this I can chat with you via discord when your have your gear in front of you and walk you thru the steps.

Sky7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you just haven't set it up correctly. More files are required to be on the SD card for the game to load.

Thanks for the info. Somewhat frustrating as the included documentation with the EverSD says create the game directory in the root of the SD Car and add roms. That's it!

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. Somewhat frustrating as the included documentation with the EverSD says create the game directory in the root of the SD Car and add roms. That's it!
Really?
I ordered my EverSD the first week it was available and mine came with nothing. I got all the instructions from the EverSD.com site, which is where I ordered it from. They do still have instructions there as well, but the posts here have a lot more detail IMHO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c