EverSD Does not seem to be working

Sky7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received my EverSD for my Evercade. Formatted the micro SD card Fat32, created the folder "game" in the root directory. I put a single NES rom in the game directory to test. I turn on the Evercade and I get a black screen with a 1/1 at the bottom right. Cannot start the NES rom with any button push. I have firmware 1.2.0 on the EverCade.

The NES rom is a confirmed working ROM from my NES EverDrive. My EverCade is also confirmed working as I can plug in a official EverCade cart and it works fine.

Do I have a defective EverSD cart?

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you just haven't set it up correctly. More files are required to be on the SD card for the game to load.

If you want to use the stock UI and only load roms from Evercade's officially supported systems See the following thread and follow the instructions for 1.2.0/stock emulators. If you want to use retroarch and it's UI for loading games see the same thread and follow the instructions for 1.3.1/retroarch.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/eversd-for-evercade-firmware-1-3-1-now-with-retroarch-support.583582/

If you want to use retroarch as your backend to support many systems but still launch games from the stock UI, goto the thread above and setup your card for retroarch first, and then afterwards see my thread (which is linked in my signature) for additional downloads and steps to use the stock UI as the launcher/frontend for retroarch.

If you need help with any of this I can chat with you via discord when your have your gear in front of you and walk you thru the steps.

Sky7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you just haven't set it up correctly. More files are required to be on the SD card for the game to load.

Thanks for the info. Somewhat frustrating as the included documentation with the EverSD says create the game directory in the root of the SD Car and add roms. That's it!

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. Somewhat frustrating as the included documentation with the EverSD says create the game directory in the root of the SD Car and add roms. That's it!
Really?
I ordered my EverSD the first week it was available and mine came with nothing. I got all the instructions from the EverSD.com site, which is where I ordered it from. They do still have instructions there as well, but the posts here have a lot more detail IMHO.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Lol AHS is getting funny two dudes and two girls get pregnant
    Gift
  • Toastee_ @ Toastee_:
    Whats AHS?
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    What are you supposed to do when you have a thousand dollar piece of hardware that won't work because the API the manufacturer provided doesn't want to work?
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Ebay
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Oh great.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It's a Linux bug.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Well a bug with their Linux drivers or something.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It captures 2x the amount of packets on Windows 10 in a freaking VM where USB access is slower/more latent.
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    what is this piece of hardware @gudenau
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Beagle 480
    Gift
  • T-hug @ T-hug:
    Dune 2021 1080p HDRip X264 AC3-EVO
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Dune? Reminds me of seeing my ex naked
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Oh yeah Dune movie is out, watching it later
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Here is hoping 2022 is a good year for DC cinematic universe
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Honestly don't really know what Dune is.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Anyone here know much about Jetbrains InteliJ Idea?
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Oh, T-hug was here :blink:
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Hey, where the admins at? Come in the chat. I got a idea. How bout a Sound notification or something when someone tags you in chat? :ninja:
    Gift
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Post it in the v8 feedback thread
    Gift
  • Gift
  • OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983:
    Post what sorry? I'm guessing we were talking about this ages ago, but I haven't been on GBATemp in almost a year so my memory is failing me :-/
    Gift
    feedback and or bugs that may have popped up since the migration to XenForo 2!
    Gift
    Umm...I think you might have the wrong person, since that may as well have been written in Chinese. I have nothing to do with the management of this site, nor have I ever been involved. I'm just a member, and hardly even qualify as that...like I said my last post was almost a year ago lol
    Gift
    Lol no, Sonic Angel Knight had an idea, best would be to post it in that thread haha
    Gift
    Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...
    Gift
    OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983: Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...