Ever lost interest?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by agoul31, Jan 19, 2009.

1. agoul31
    OP

agoul31 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2008
    Off to eat a beaver
    I have one question. I have had 10 different major interests in my life around video games and i am just wondering, is it normal for me to rotate between them, losing interest in them because i have played them so may times it just becomes boring and repetitive, only to come back to them a couple of months later after i have lost interest in something else?

to give you an example, this is what i went through last year:

Ds-r4
    Guild wars
    WoW
    Ds-r4-pokemon
    and now im on to xbox 360, ive only got it a few days ago but its already getting repetitive.............................. is there any way that i could extend the level of interest in the games i play? maybe get more than 1 interest at a time?

2. sweenish

sweenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    WA
    assuming that you play assassin's creed, repetition is a common complaint.

just play something that actually interests you. if a game actually engages you, you don't necessarily lose interest prematurely.

3. quikshadow

quikshadow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    United States
    Somewhere in the World.
    Well, just stop playing for a while. Video games are a good distraction, but playing them for 3 hours a day each day of the year?... that's too much. Just stop playing for a while [​IMG] then after you'll get a strong urge to play [​IMG] , play [​IMG] then quit again [​IMG] . It's what happens.

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I hardly play video games anymore, especially for the Nintendo DS. Excluding a week or so ago, I hadn't played my DS in six months. I play Mario Kart Wii every now and then, but not much.

5. xxkae

xxkae Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    I haven't touched my 360 since November. I just got my R4 back a week ago, but I've lost interest in it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice