Gaming Europe games vs. USA games

topicaltapioca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I just enjoy playing English games, are there any games which contain anything exclusive to Europe that USA games wouldn't have? Or are there Europe only games?

And if so, is there a list of such things?

(If I decide to play a Japan-only game, I'll do that separate and get a translation.)

Thanks !
yaynds.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Maestro was a uk only ds game that wasn't bad. Most good stuff is global, though.

The only real differences between the two are languages, with euro usually offering more (although sometimes they just do a north american release with up to 3 languages)

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's a tiny, tiny amount of games that have only come out in Europe, etc..

Some examples are Jam With the Band, Another Code R (that was on wii though) and Hotel Dusk 2 (out tomorrow, whoop)

ALSO, for some European versions they strip out the voice acting, but that's quite rare. I think they did that for Rune Factory, but I have no idea why O____O

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
suruz said:

Some examples are Jam With the Band, Another Code R (that was on wii though) and Hotel Dusk 2 (out tomorrow, whoop)

ALSO, for some European versions they strip out the voice acting, but that's quite rare. I think they did that for Rune Factory, but I have no idea why O____O
Copyright issues probably..

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wabsta said:
suruz said:

Copyright issues probably..

Ah.. Well it's still friggin annoying.

As if it wasn't bad enough that EU release dates are usually months/years after US ones >____<

But not complaining. *Gets money for Hotel Dusk ready*

Back to the original topic: I'd stick with the American versions xD

topicaltapioca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well goodness, sounds like a lot of work to figure out which was the better of two versions, if the both come out in both regions.

I know it's Nintendo, but does one region always have naughtier stuff in it/"uncut"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol