Hacking EU Users: Super Ban - GDPR Template

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If your creditcard is attached to the account that is playing it is you.
Yes, CC info is personal data.
Yes, your account is personal data.

But we were talking about the serial and MAC, which are NOT personal data

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Then you buy a game cart with a game that has a flaw in 1.0.0, and needs an update. Then they are selling you something that does not work. Fraud from their side.
Not really. For it to be a fraud the game would have to be completely unplayable. And even then, you broke their TOS and have no access to updates, nobody would take it as a fraud case, everyone would tell you to just return the game, you have that right after all.

biggyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here are a couple of ideas:
  1. Don't break the TOS if you don't wanna get banned.
  2. Wait until Hombrewers figured out how to avoid bans.
  3. Backup your switch with a clean Nand, restore it when you are done doing shit.

You know well that people opening this topic most likely are already banned. So this comment is utterly useless. Again the same question I asked you earlier but now a serious answer.

Not really. For it to be a fraud the game would have to be completely unplayable. And even then, you broke their TOS and have no access to updates, nobody would take it as a fraud case, everyone would tell you to just return the game, you have that right after all.

Well, let's agree to disagree.

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This would be interesting to see what kind of information they keep on you. I'd be amazed if your console got unbanned because even if they remove all information tying you to that console, they have no reason to actually unban the console. I don't know how they have bans set up but they would likely just have something like "Removed per GDPR request" where personally identifiable information would go in the ban entry.

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You know well that people opening this topic most likely are already banned. So this comment is utterly useless. Again the same question I asked you earlier but now a serious answer.
You probably that most people on this forum aren't banned yet? So this comment is utterly useless.

Always take precautions. If you don't, it is your own fault that your console gets banned, or even bricked.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also, let's not forget, console's MAC and serial number is not personal info. Yes, they have data on what account is tied to a given serial number, sure and with that info on who owns it if credit card information was tied to it.
So guess what, if they were to do data erasure according to GDPR, all they have to do is delete all info about the USER. The console data will stay. I mean, without the user info in the system, they no longer have a way to identify who used the console, all is in accordance with GDPR this way, while your cert stays banned.

biggyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You probably that most people on this forum aren't banned yet? So this comment is utterly useless.

Always take precautions. If you don't, it is your own fault that your console gets banned, or even bricked.

Again mate, you have some deep hate against people that have a banned console because they did not follow your or whoever's rules. Again you are talking about most people on this forum, I was mentioning people opening this topic. You know which group I am talking about. Then you repeat your precautions. Again this is for people that are already banned.

If you wish them a life-sentence for it. (figure of speech) Sure, that is your right. Whatever makes you happy.

I'd love to get back on topic and see people who are banned try it out. I have 1 friend who already sent a data request. And we'll see.

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
We don't own Nintendo's software: we buy a licence for that software and Nintendo can revoke it whenever it want. First of all, the fault is of who have violate the EULA.
Also, Nintendo Europe/America/Italia/France/UK... cannot do anything about the ban: who decides is Nintendo Japan

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do we know how Nintendo's database works? Maybe they have a list of valid certs and in case of a ban they just delete the data.

biggyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We don't own Nintendo's software: we buy a licence for that software and Nintendo can revoke it whenever it want. First of all, the fault is of who have violate the EULA.
Also, Nintendo Europe/America/Italia/France/UK... cannot do anything about the ban: who decides is Nintendo Japan

You might be right, but if you look on the back of the game package (cart) it is sold/licensed by the german GmbH of Nintendo. So EU citizens have to deal with the European branch of Nintendo.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do we know how Nintendo's database works? Maybe they have a list of valid certs and in case of a ban they just delete the data.
Oh! That is right actually, it was semi confirmed with 3DS, that Nintendo more so has a whitelist, not a blacklist. It was why it was (well, still is) impossible to generate a certificate ourselves to get 3DS consoles unbanned. Because the cert needs to exist on Nintendo's side. What the superban does may as well be just them completely removing it from the system, at which point, that GDPR data removal is even more useless, I mean, they already did.

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Again mate, you have some deep hate against people that have a banned console because they did not follow your or whoever's rules. Again you are talking about most people on this forum, I was mentioning people opening this topic. You know which group I am talking about. Then you repeat your precautions. Again this is for people that are already banned.

If you wish them a life-sentence for it. (figure of speech) Sure, that is your right. Whatever makes you happy.

I'd love to get back on topic and see people who are banned try it out. I have 1 friend who already sent a data request. And we'll see.
Apparently I suddenly hate people for beeing banned.
Creating false hope seems to be a MUCH better practice. :)

Reactions: c80

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just request the data they have on you and see if anything comes up about it. If your eshop account is banned then it's more intresting story since if you own digital games there, you should still have access to them.

biggyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just request the data they have on you and see if anything comes up about it. If your eshop account is banned then it's more intresting story since if you own digital games there, you should still have access to them.

This is exactly my thought, I will post an update on the main post once someone post a reply with info about it or/and when my friend gets a reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)