Gaming Ethical Hacking When Companies Aren't Ethical?

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Xeology said:
Oveneise said:
Don't ruin their site or steal their stuff. Just respectfully tell them that there is a major flaw in their security and tell them to hand over the cash, and you'll give them the details.

Read the whole post lol, we tried the respectful way. They took the exploit, signed a contract and refused to pay and then said that they needed more proof in an attempt to set me up to void the contract. I'm over this ethical crap. They don't want to play a nice fair game then why should I. They steal food off of my table and I'll take it right back off of theirs.

Well... what proof do they want? If they don't think what you gave them is a flaw, or exploit, then I guess I think you should change their site up a bit, but don't release the customer's information, since its not their fault you aren't getting your money. Yeah, I'd say change the site a bit but don't RUIN it. I can understand your frustration, but we gotta learn to forgive - even when the other guys are being arses. Again, change the site to something unsatisfactory, but don't completely ruin the thing. Sorry if the post sounds "holier than thou" but that is what I would do.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem is that if he does anything to the site he is breaking laws. Tbph he's already broken them to find the exploits. He must have tested these. If he does a big public event that he claims credit for then Spruz have proof to take him to court over the matter. Them breaking a contract does not give him the right to endanger their servers. Computer Misuse Act stops him from doing it.
He needs a lawyer, though for $250 it seems a bit much. Hell, for exploits this blatant he should get more than $250 anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-