EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Last we heard, Nintendo had let the trademark for Eternal Darkness lapse, and all hope for any sequel or 'New Play Control' version was lost. Now we have some good news to ponder. Nintendo re-upped the trademark on February 10th, 2010, which was just a few days ago. Now we have to ask the question that we asked a long time ago. Is Nintendo teaming with Silicon Knights to finally work on a sequel or revamp, or are they just protecting their classics?

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/02/16/new-t...rkness-for-wii/

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said on the "Luigi's Mansion sequel?" thread, they do this all the time. Just covering their asses.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not gonna happen. I hope they'll make a sequel after the Too Human trilogy. Both of Silicon Knight's GameCube games were awesome (Eternal Darkness and the MGS remake).
8BitWalugi said:
Hehe, I just read the article. Sounds like I missed out on a classic in-game joke. If anyone has a video of the 'Deleting Save File' Sequence, please link it.

In case you don't know, that's the standard save screen with the word "save" replaced with "delete".
Here are some more in case you're interested:

Now that I see this back, I remember how awesome this game was. The last time I played through it was half a year ago though
tongue.gif

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
8BitWalugi said:
Hehe, I just read the article. Sounds like I missed out on a classic in-game joke. If anyone has a video of the 'Deleting Save File' Sequence, please link it.

that sequence is an impressive idea, i remember when i got into that situation, was just about to reset my console to save my files, lucky that i didn't
great game, a sequel would be very nice:.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eternal Darkness was a great game. Really loves to play with your mind.
Too bad there aren't many games that do that, I love that sorta thing.

A sequel and a re-port to the Wii would be awesome.
I wouldn't hold my breath though.
Unless they can casualify it with some sorta "it helps you loose wait" crap I don't think they'd want to bring back something we'd want to buy.

Sadly it seems like they are renewing the license so Silicon Knights can't remake it themselves for another console.

Then again, I think I'd love a second chance to own the game. I beat it as a rental really.
So I'd hope they'd bring it back and please their hardcore gamer base that is starting to dwindle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Couch casting horror, lol