Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, but Fringe is also Sci-Fi. It doesn't have anything to do with space, per se, but it gets very much into the futuristic technology that is often seen in Sci-Fi.

Also, +1 to Xena: Warrior Princess. It's not yet up on the board and I would very much care to see it on there.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Walking Dead should be ranked #1 on that list. The first season was good. The second season is spectacular, easily the best drama I've ever laid eyes on. It definitely takes the "zombie" genre and transforms it into something never seen before. Just like Night of the Living Dead brought it about, Shaun of the Dead added comedy to it, The Walking Dead adds drama as a legitimate addition to zombie flicks. Great characters, great cliffhangers, great gore (this really stretches what you can get away with on television), just everything is top notch.

Also, I think there should be some limiting of the list. "TV series" can range from Gunsmoke to Naruto if you're broad enough. Personally I'm thinking like late night television. We have a thread for anime (several threads), I think we could easily expand that to anime and cartoons (since they're both essentially animation, just with different target audiences) or make a separate section. Also, we should probably limit it to American television. No offense to our foreign friends, but American television is usually what all the hubbub is about and there's thousands of different shows from out of country. I'd also say we should put something to symbolize if the show is still running or if it ended.

Anyone, my other +1's. I'll symbolize if it's not running by a [X]

- The Walking Dead
- Star Trek: TOS [X]
- Star Trek: TNG [X]
- Star Trek: Voyager [X]
- Star Trek: DS9 [X]
- Star Trek: Enterprise (minus the terrible cliffhanger it's not a bad Star Trek) [X]
- Breaking Bad (never got caught up but got about halfway into season two and it was great)
- Dexter
- Spaced [X]
- Battlestar Galactica (reboot, not the original) [X]
- Scrubs [X]
- Community

Other than that, I'm gonna try and start getting into Hell on Wheels. I saw it but I was still a bit out of it from the surgery plus most pilots are rather dull honestly. AMC shows are usually a decent, 6 episode pilot season, then the second season explodes into a realm of complete awesomeness. The Walking Dead is doing this, Breaking Bad did this, etc.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, we should probably limit it to American television. No offense to our foreign friends, but American television is usually what all the hubbub is about and there's thousands of different shows from out of country.
I don't agree. With TV shows so easily obtainable on the internet country of origin is no longer an issue. I personally never base my viewing choices on where the show was made. However, when certain shows have different versions (ie The Office) it should be pointed out which version is being recommended. If there is to be any segregation then surely genre would make more sense? (Essential sci-fi shows, Essential comedy shows etc).

Anyway...

+1 Smallville [X]
+1 Stargate SG1 [X]
+1 Stargate Atlantis [X]
+1 Eureka
+1 An Idiot Abroad
+1 Haven
+1 Lost [X]
+1 Black Books [X]
+1 Father Ted [X]
+1 The Young Ones [X]
+1 Vic Reeves Big Night Out [X]
+1 The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer [X]
+1 Catterick [X]
+1 Blackadder (Series 2-4) [X]
+1 The IT Crowd (UK version)
+1 My Name Is Earl
+1 Frasier [X]
+1 Not Going Out

It would be nice if the OP updated the first post before the thread ends up like the last one.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't agree. With TV shows so easily obtainable on the internet country of origin is no longer an issue. I personally never base my viewing choices on where the show was made. However, when certain shows have different versions (ie The Office) it should be pointed out which version is being recommended. If there is to be any segregation then surely genre would make more sense? (Essential sci-fi shows, Essential comedy shows etc).

Lol, just realized I broke my own rule with Spaced. So nevermind that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)