Gaming [Essentials] 3DS Retail Games

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1
LoZ: OoT 3D
Tales of the Abyss (sure, it isn't the greatest of ports, but it does the job for the first Tales game to hit the 3DS - it's still far superior to every DS entry)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (seriously a must have for every 3DS owner)
Kingdom Hearts: 3D (I've definitely played worse KH games.)
I hate to derail or whatever, but why do people say TotA is a bad port? It's exactly the same as the PS2 version, but improved with faster loading times and optional 3D effect. It doesn't claim to be a remake, so I don't know what is so wrong with it. A port is simply bringing it over to another system:lol:

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I hate to derail or whatever, but why do people say TotA is a bad port? It's exactly the same as the PS2 version, but improved with faster loading times and optional 3D effect. It doesn't claim to be a remake, so I don't know what is so wrong with it. A port is simply bringing it over to another system:lol:
I haven't played either the original or the 3DS version, but a lot of people seem to have this idea that a port has to add extra stuff in order to be a "good" port. I mean, I guess I understand that extras are nice to justify buying a port if you have the original, but they're by no means required for a port to be "good," in my opinion.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
+1 Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
+1 Kingdom Hearts 3D : Dream Drop Distance
+1 Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
+1 Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
+1 Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think that on the ps2 version you could battle with 4 characters and in the 3ds version only 3?

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
+1 Fire emblem awakening
-999 Heroes of ruin (Boring at best,the only thing that interested me was the 2-3 puzzle and the 3D.The multiplayer wasn't interresting,since it is composed of "speed runner" that don't wait for others,pass over the story and pick all the loot,or prepubescent kid who sing rap and burp in the mic...all the time.A complete rip-off,surprising coming from square enix)
P.S.I know we can't downgrade games,but that is only my opinion.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
6323_475978252470484_851568392_n.jpg

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This is an essentials thread of already-released games, voted by those who've actually played them. Not a hype thread for unreleased games. In fact, SoulX has a fine thread for that sort of thing (3DS recommendations and upcoming games thread).

Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated