eShop save files editable??

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by OfficialBrony, Dec 17, 2016.

1. OfficialBrony
    OP

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    Hey so I got a little bored and decided to back up some game saves with JKSV within my home menu. I went to System Titles and got curious in what happen if I export the system save and the exdata.
    So, this is what I got in the SysSave:
    [​IMG]

I have hidden files checked to see if the three folders had anything in them, they're completely empty.
    The .bin files I am about to talk about says PowerISO File" because I have it set to read .bins a while back and they are still .bin files. PowerISO days the .bin files are not supported and I can kinda see why.

The setting.bin I think is just a save of what my settings are set in the eShop
    The wishlist.bin is probably just a list on what games are in my list (pretty much nothing is on the list, thanks to Luma3ds and A9LH being installed)
    And now the owned_titles.bin
    I think it's just a list of the titles I have purchased with actual eShop funds. I was wondering if there is a way to open owned_titles.bin so I can see what's inside of it.

Anyways, let's move on to the exdata of the eShop.
    These are what is in the folder:
    [​IMG]

They're just a file type, but I'm guessing the boss_bgm1 and boss_bgm2 are songs they play when you're in the eShop?? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I am not too sure what the boss_xml1 and the boss_xml2 files are.

Are any of these files editable?? Especially the owned_titles.bin??
    Thanks for the replies!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

2. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I think I've seen *.boss files before as some sort of compression format used in DS roms.
    The xml files might be xml files.

3. TheLegendofMario

TheLegendofMario GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2016
    United States
    You should rename boss_bgm1 to boss_bgm1.bcstm and boss_bgm2 to boss_bgm2.bcstm, then see if you can open them in one of the many Bcstm players, like BrawlBox.

Last edited by TheLegendofMario, Dec 17, 2016
  4. OfficialBrony
    OP

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    I will in a bit. I am at my mom's right now and not on my main computer (which is at my home) and she only has a laptop. She wants to use it and I said sure. Or unless I am able to play Bcstm files on my Galaxy S5 Neo

5. TheLegendofMario

TheLegendofMario GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2016
    United States
    If you have your 3ds and can install unlegit Cias, then You can use VGMstream3ds

6. OfficialBrony
    OP

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    I have Luma and Arm 9 on my N3DSXL
    Will I be able to play Bcstm files with that?

7. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
  8. OfficialBrony
    OP

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    So I did the eShop music changer, worked like a charm. Now I am wondering it the bin files are viewable...
    Any ideas?

9. MasterLel

MasterLel /x69/x73/x73/x6f/x75

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    Viewable with a hex editor