Eshop question

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by LunarShadow, Mar 10, 2016.

1. LunarShadow
    OP

LunarShadow Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    I am wondering does eshop access on outdated versions of the 3ds allow you to download dlc. Specifically i am talking abouy fire emblem fates. I bought the map pack before the 10.6 update for the US. Should I wait for smealum's exploit or is there a proper alternative. Any help or pointers would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. Minnow

Minnow GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2015
    Canada
    If I understand correctly, you want to access the eShop?
    If so, I don't think you can access it without FreeMultiPatcher (requires CFW). 90% sure you're outta luck, but don't quote me on that

3. LunarShadow
    OP

LunarShadow Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Sorry I was unclear. What I meant is that I already bought the DLC. I think the files are already in the SD card, but they can't be accessed due to an error. The error says I am required to have the latest version of system(it didn't specify so I am assuming it is the firmware/eshop). I really don't want to update my 3ds because I am using homebrew to play a patch, unless there is a method to permanently patch my cartridge which I might consider if there is.

4. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Yellows8 is releasing a way to get online access on old firmwares from what I hear. If you don't want to update, then you should probably wait for the release.