Errors On Luma CFW Install

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jtarules89, Jan 29, 2017.

1. jtarules89
    OP

jtarules89 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2007
    United States
    Good morning gbatemp users. My buddy managed to soft brick his 2ds trying to install Luma CFW on the latest firmware. I managed to un soft brick it using the Cubic Ninja method. For some reason when I boot to the home screen the top screen is offset to the right still. As well as when I try to boot into soundhax to try and finish and or re do the install of the steps to get to Luma CFW. The homebrew launcher never loads it just freezes. Anyone have any solutions for these two issues?

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Sounds like you are still on 2.1, in which case you shouldn't be using soundhax. You should be using the browser. Please follow the guide exactly.

If this isn't the case please tell us what step and section you're on, and what firmware the console is on.

HyperT likes this.
  3. jtarules89
    OP

jtarules89 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2007
    United States
    Well my buddy got to the step of dumping the nand, and then his sd card was not big enough to back up the nand image. So thats when he bricked it, as far as the firmware I would guess it is still on 2.1 like you said.

4. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    By the way, a brick is when the console is completely non functional, which is not the case here (as far as I can tell).
    You have to make a NAND dump in more than one place in the guide, need actual step and section.
    You can proceed without a NAND backup, and do a 9.2 CTR transfer instead of restoring the NAND backup when you get to that part.

5. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    They said soft-brick; sounds like it was a 2.1 downgrade ==> panic ==> system format ==> stuck at 3d slider soft-brick.

Rather than continuing with the guide.
    [browser to install a9lh => 9.2 ctrnand ==> update ==> inject files if need be ==> etc.]

6. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    He can access 3DS Sound, it's not a brick, soft or otherwise :

7. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    That was after OP fixed the soft-brick with 2DSaver I believe.

8. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Ah I missed that.