Hyroero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heya. Recently got a 2dsxl and followed https://3ds.hacks.guide/ which worked just fine.

I can install cia files and convert 3ds ones to cia via gm9.

Problem is for games like shovel knight or resident evil mercenaries I can't update them. The icon and eshop both notify me that an update is available but I get an error regardless of which method I use to download it.

The 3ds region and nnid match the cia region when checked via fbi. I've tried deleting the red tickets via fbi and trying again but I get the same errors. The eshop worked to download pokemon picross as part of the cfw process

I've also tried unlinking the nnid by changing a line in a file via gm9 and linking a new one and checking all regions match there too but the same error happens.

Any ideas?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Heya. Recently got a 2dsxl and followed https://3ds.hacks.guide/ which worked just fine.

I can install cia files and convert 3ds ones to cia via gm9.

Problem is for games like shovel knight or resident evil mercenaries I can't update them. The icon and eshop both notify me that an update is available but I get an error regardless of which method I use to download it.

The 3ds region and nnid match the cia region when checked via fbi. I've tried deleting the red tickets via fbi and trying again but I get the same errors. The eshop worked to download pokemon picross as part of the cfw process

I've also tried unlinking the nnid by changing a line in a file via gm9 and linking a new one and checking all regions match there too but the same error happens.

Any ideas?
Many games (mainly eShop games not available on retail carts) have their update not as a separate title but updating the base title instead, and since the ticket is not legit, you won't be able to update them from eShop.
Other games have their updates as a separate title, which anyone can download without even owning the game.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Hyroero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Many games (mainly eShop games not available on retail carts) have their update not as a separate title but updating the base title instead, and since the ticket is not legit, you won't be able to update them from eShop.
Other games have their updates as a separate title, which anyone can download without even owning the game.
Oh word? Everything i researched seemed to say you could update installed cia game via the eshop without issue. Guess i'll search around and see if there is update files i can get separately and install via fbi then

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh word? Everything i researched seemed to say you could update installed cia game via the eshop without issue. Guess i'll search around and see if there is update files i can get separately and install via fbi then
You used to be able to, when FreeShop was still around you only needed an encrypted title key to make a ticket that would be considered legit by the CDN servers and a game installed through FreeShop would then be updatable and redownloadable from the eShop, but Nintendo patched that hole, stopping FreeShop and similar from working. They didn't do the same for the Wii U for whatever reason so Wii U USB Helper is still working (but not for 3DS games)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM