Hacking error when extracting iso games...

lavamasta

OP
Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
hye guys, ive been tryin for a while to burn wii backups on to dvd-r's, and i know exacvtly how, but i keep getting an error, once the download is done i try to extract the .iso fromt he archive and it says "the archive is either damaged or in unknown format." now im pretty sure their not damaged cuz it does this for every .iso game i download... for a wii-scrubbed game for example i can extract all the files and then it turns into the one file as a rar file. from here i try to extract the .iso game from it and i get an error :(it's really annoying
mad.gif
im thinking maybe my computer won't read iso files or something... i dont know. am i supposed to just burn the game while its still in the .rar file?

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
lavamasta said:
hye guys, ive been tryin for a while to burn wii backups on to dvd-r's, and i know exacvtly how, but i keep getting an error, once the download is done i try to extract the .iso fromt he archive and it says "the archive is either damaged or in unknown format." now im pretty sure their not damaged cuz it does this for every .iso game i download... for a wii-scrubbed game for example i can extract all the files and then it turns into the one file as a rar file. from here i try to extract the .iso game from it and i get an error :(it's really annoying
mad.gif
im thinking maybe my computer won't read iso files or something... i dont know. am i supposed to just burn the game while its still in the .rar file?
Im sorry but before i answer, Dude you have 45 Post on this forum, and yet you have no clue how to burn Iso's? First of all, do a google on that file extencion which is of course, .rar < Then you will see that you need Winrar To open the file and from withing the .rar file is where the Iso is, Dont be such a DUMB....Donkey.

Reactions: Yan3

lavamasta

OP
Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
dude i have winrar and i know how to burn it and everything, but i get an error. u obviously didnt quite understand exactly what i said. i think i know my problem now though. imgburn doesnt seem to be reading my blank dvd r's. im goin to keep tryin though

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have the .iso extension associated with winrar......the one big file that shows as a rar is truly your iso. To fix the association problem, open winrar, go to options->settings->integration->uncheck the iso box->save.

Problem solved.

John5550

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar issue with GameCube 7z from a hyper spin drive. When I try to extract the file it of course says file is not an archive. I tried several repair tools including winrar and nothing seems to work. Remo doesn’t even recognize them as 7z. I tired the above suggestion and iso box is not checked. Any ideas?

Reactions: fuckgreywolf

John5550

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have started a new thread, but I am still confused as to why a 7z is not truly an archive. Is it not really a 7z file, or are the files that corrupt?

Reactions: fuckgreywolf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all