error when extracting iso games...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lavamasta, Mar 31, 2009.

Mar 31, 2009
  1. lavamasta
    OP

Member lavamasta GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hye guys, ive been tryin for a while to burn wii backups on to dvd-r's, and i know exacvtly how, but i keep getting an error, once the download is done i try to extract the .iso fromt he archive and it says "the archive is either damaged or in unknown format." now im pretty sure their not damaged cuz it does this for every .iso game i download... for a wii-scrubbed game for example i can extract all the files and then it turns into the one file as a rar file. from here i try to extract the .iso game from it and i get an error :(it's really annoying [​IMG] im thinking maybe my computer won't read iso files or something... i dont know. am i supposed to just burn the game while its still in the .rar file?

2. Kikoshi

Member Kikoshi GBAtemp Regular

Im sorry but before i answer, Dude you have 45 Post on this forum, and yet you have no clue how to burn Iso's? First of all, do a google on that file extencion which is of course, .rar < Then you will see that you need Winrar To open the file and from withing the .rar file is where the Iso is, Dont be such a DUMB....Donkey.

3. lavamasta
    OP

United States
    dude i have winrar and i know how to burn it and everything, but i get an error. u obviously didnt quite understand exactly what i said. i think i know my problem now though. imgburn doesnt seem to be reading my blank dvd r's. im goin to keep tryin though

4. Stang

Member Stang GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You have the .iso extension associated with winrar......the one big file that shows as a rar is truly your iso. To fix the association problem, open winrar, go to options->settings->integration->uncheck the iso box->save.

Problem solved.

5. lavamasta
    OP

United States
    thx man that will help me out alot [​IMG] + rep
    i probly should've known that...
    that helps me out so much man! thx, i could kiss u!... almost... XD