❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Today when I brought my menuhax 3DS out of sleep I got the "An error has occurred." screen, so I rebooted the system. Upon boot, it went back to the same error screen. I popped out the SD and the game cartridge to see if either one was causing the issue, and sadly that's not the case. After SysNAND boots to the home screen, it'll stay there for about two seconds then the error pops up again. Booting into recovery mode doesn't reproduce this error for whatever reason, so I have no idea if it's hardware related or not, but I'd rather not update this system to the latest firmware. It hasn't been dropped or damaged in any way and it's becoming rather frustrating.

Edit: When I disable WiFi, the error doesn't occur. Though if I launch anything with StreetPass enabled (like Mii Plaza) I get the error. I'm hoping my wireless chipset isn't fucked. Or, worse yet, Nintendo is doing what we've all been waiting for. Anyway, I launched ACNL and Shovel Knight with wireless disabled and no error so far. I've been sitting on the home menu for about three minutes now.

Last edited by Joom,

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today when I brought my menuhax 3DS out of sleep I got the "An error has occurred." screen, so I rebooted the system. Upon boot, it went back to the same error screen. I popped out the SD and the game cartridge to see if either one was causing the issue, and sadly that's not the case. After SysNAND boots to the home screen, it'll stay there for about two seconds then the error pops up again. Booting into recovery mode doesn't reproduce this error for whatever reason, so I have no idea if it's hardware related or not, but I'd rather not update this system to the latest firmware. It hasn't been dropped or damaged in any way and it's becoming rather frustrating.
Try reconfiguring it. Also what is the model and firmware of system?

Last edited by NintenDavid,

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
This is also a form of a brick, even though it appears to turn on for a few seconds. If your sysNAND also does this, then you'll have to get a hardmod if it actually IS one.

However, it may be the wifi chip, but the system usually doesn't even boot if it isn't connected properly.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
This is also a form of a brick, even though it appears to turn on for a few seconds. If your sysNAND also does this, then you'll have to get a hardmod if it actually IS one.

However, it may be the wifi chip, but the system usually doesn't even boot if it isn't connected properly.
What exactly would have caused the brick though? Quite honestly, I'm starting to think it's related to Luma. I can't even boot into its configuration menu for the life of me, but my A9LH system is doing just fine, though I haven't updated Luma to 6.x on it yet.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
What exactly would have caused the brick though? Quite honestly, I'm starting to think it's related to Luma. I can't even boot into its configuration menu for the life of me.
But, you said it still doesn't work without the SD inserted.
Luma is never installed, just ran every time you load its payload. So if there is no SD in there, your system has no traces of star bits inside of it.

Could be related to the wifi card as I said, this is unusual though.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
But, you said it still doesn't work without the SD inserted.
Luma is never installed, just ran every time you load its payload. So if there is no SD in there, your system has no traces of star bits inside of it.

Could be related to the wifi card as I said, this is unusual though.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I feel stupid now. Also though, I just re-enabled wireless and reconfigured the settings, and so far I'm not getting an error. I deleted the connection altogether earlier and still got the error when wireless is enabled, so I dunno if this is resolved, but I'm gonna keep my breath held.

Edit: Nope. Tried launching ftpd and it shortly crashed.

Edit 2: I managed to get into ftpd and delete the Luma configuration so it could start fresh. I've had the system on for about ten minutes. I launched Mii Plaza, went to the Smash DLC shop, and returned to the home menu both times without the error happening again. What baffles me though is that the error was happening when the SD wasn't inserted. I'll report back if it happens again, which will most likely confirm that it's the wireless chip going bad.

Edit 3: Well, it happened again after putting the system in sleep mode and bringing it back. So, it must be hardware related. I'm gonna test some more stuff and see.

Last edited by Joom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE