ERROR! (ret = -1022) when installing .wad

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Travis1794, Apr 17, 2009.

Apr 17, 2009
  1. Travis1794
    OP

Newcomer Travis1794 Member

United States
    I get this error when trying to install one .wad in particular. I ran into this problem when I was running Menu 3.3U and I still have it running 4.0U. I don't really NEED it installed, but this problem is bugging me anyway. Any help?

2. Apekop

Member Apekop GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    If other wads are working but this 1 in particular isnt, get a new wad for the same application. The wad is bad. Delete it.

3. pspmte

Member pspmte GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    cios downgrade 1.0 might fix it

4. Apekop

Netherlands
    downgrading the entire firmware is probably not desirable in this case, since getting a new wad for that same app will probably work, be easy, and not kill your 4.0 sd menu and support for newer VC games. In other words, cios downgrading doesnt seem very logical to me.

5. Travis1794
    OP

United States
    Sorry I forgot to mention, I have tried the same .wad from two different sites. Maybe I could try to find another location, but I don't know.

6. scrappy

Newcomer scrappy Member

Germany
    I had the same problems with several WADs, my Wii running on 3.1E, Error -1022 all over the place.
    Updated to 3.2E ( online) with Waninkoko´s "downgrader", reinstalled CIOSes, MIOSes, works like a Charm since...
    My guess would be Wadmanager 1.3 and the "special" wadmanagers for IOS 16 heavily depend on the 290( or 289 for US) SYSTEM-IOS when accessing the NAND.
    So if you don´t have to use SDHC Channel Frenzy, i highly recommend 3.2 Firmware as reliable standard and reinstall Homebrew on that Basis.

7. Travis1794
    OP

United States
    It's only one .wad specifically though. Isn't that somewhat peculiar? I've installed maybe 20 of them and haven't had another problem.

8. Apekop

Netherlands
    you should be getting a wad for the same app that was injected by some1 else. Im not saying the file is corrupt, Im saying it just doesnt work and isnt going to. Get a new wad for the same app, not the same wad from a different source.

9. Travis1794
    OP

United States
    I know what you're saying. Sorry I didn't explain it well enough. I have now tried 3 .wads for the same app that were made by different people and they all seem to come up with the same error.

10. saulin

Member saulin GBAtemp Regular

if I'm not mistaken that's exactly what I used to fix that error on my wii when I was trying to downgrade from 3.3U to 3.2U and I kept getting that error. It has something to do with traces of something you installed that was left behind.

11. netware

Newcomer netware Member

United States
    i think ppl are going too far just to play pirated games... theres no need for any of this..

here's a 100% foolproof and working solution.....

buy it !!!..

12. Rfire

Member Rfire GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My Wii's defunct drive laser wants to have a word with you.

There are people that softmod their Wiis so they can use backups of games they own. I am one of them. Don't assume that softmods are all about copyright infringement.

1 person likes this.
  13. Travis1794
    OP

United States
    I'm menu 4.0, would that interfere with anything?

14. netware

Newcomer netware Member

United States

heh .. damn ur laser and it's word xD... (i'm trying to be playful .. not an ass.. sorry if i seem the latter)

well i don't think Travis1794 is talking about backing up his wii games ..

hes being a bit ambiguous but i'm pretty sure he's talking about a VC game/WiiWare that he illegally downloaded and is trying to play...

my solution is reasonable.. dont you think??..

i'm not denying that ppl use softmods to play backups.. i'm not even debating the legality of them... we're not talking about that here.. [​IMG].. .

15. Travis1794
    OP

United States
    Why does this always have to come up? People know where they stand. If you've come here to spread your morality to the world, then you've probably come to the wrong place.

1 person likes this.
  16. netware

Newcomer netware Member

United States
    you wanted a solution to the problem.. am i wrong?.. what better solution than to get the original?..

it's been proven to work...

it's just friendly advice.. you can take it or leave it.. [​IMG]

17. SanzioSan

Newcomer SanzioSan Advanced Member

United States
    I have some info that might help u... but maybe not... i had troubles installing star fox ntsc on my ntsc wii.
    It would always give me an error when i tried installing it and it was only that wad all my other wads worked
    perfectly.. A gave up after a while but then discovered that i actually bought that game legitly. So i got on
    the shop channel and just downloaded it legitly. Sorry if it didnt help. Check if u didnt buy that game already,