Hacking ERROR! (ret = -1022) when installing .wad

Travis1794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this error when trying to install one .wad in particular. I ran into this problem when I was running Menu 3.3U and I still have it running 4.0U. I don't really NEED it installed, but this problem is bugging me anyway. Any help?

Apekop

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Travis1794 said:
I get this error when trying to install one .wad in particular. I ran into this problem when I was running Menu 3.3U and I still have it running 4.0U. I don't really NEED it installed, but this problem is bugging me anyway. Any help?

If other wads are working but this 1 in particular isnt, get a new wad for the same application. The wad is bad. Delete it.

Apekop

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pspmte said:
cios downgrade 1.0 might fix it

downgrading the entire firmware is probably not desirable in this case, since getting a new wad for that same app will probably work, be easy, and not kill your 4.0 sd menu and support for newer VC games. In other words, cios downgrading doesnt seem very logical to me.

Travis1794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I forgot to mention, I have tried the same .wad from two different sites. Maybe I could try to find another location, but I don't know.

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had the same problems with several WADs, my Wii running on 3.1E, Error -1022 all over the place.
Updated to 3.2E ( online) with Waninkoko´s "downgrader", reinstalled CIOSes, MIOSes, works like a Charm since...
My guess would be Wadmanager 1.3 and the "special" wadmanagers for IOS 16 heavily depend on the 290( or 289 for US) SYSTEM-IOS when accessing the NAND.
So if you don´t have to use SDHC Channel Frenzy, i highly recommend 3.2 Firmware as reliable standard and reinstall Homebrew on that Basis.

Travis1794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only one .wad specifically though. Isn't that somewhat peculiar? I've installed maybe 20 of them and haven't had another problem.

Apekop

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Travis1794 said:
It's only one .wad specifically though. Isn't that somewhat peculiar? I've installed maybe 20 of them and haven't had another problem.

you should be getting a wad for the same app that was injected by some1 else. Im not saying the file is corrupt, Im saying it just doesnt work and isnt going to. Get a new wad for the same app, not the same wad from a different source.

Travis1794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what you're saying. Sorry I didn't explain it well enough. I have now tried 3 .wads for the same app that were made by different people and they all seem to come up with the same error.

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
pspmte said:

if I'm not mistaken that's exactly what I used to fix that error on my wii when I was trying to downgrade from 3.3U to 3.2U and I kept getting that error. It has something to do with traces of something you installed that was left behind.

netware

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i think ppl are going too far just to play pirated games... theres no need for any of this..

here's a 100% foolproof and working solution.....

buy it !!!..

Rfire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
netware said:
i think ppl are going too far just to play pirated games... theres no need for any of this..

buy it !!!..

My Wii's defunct drive laser wants to have a word with you.

There are people that softmod their Wiis so they can use backups of games they own. I am one of them. Don't assume that softmods are all about copyright infringement.

Reactions: 1 person

Travis1794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saulin said:
pspmte said:

if I'm not mistaken that's exactly what I used to fix that error on my wii when I was trying to downgrade from 3.3U to 3.2U and I kept getting that error. It has something to do with traces of something you installed that was left behind.

I'm menu 4.0, would that interfere with anything?

netware

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rfire said:
netware said:

buy it !!!..

My Wii's defunct drive laser wants to have a word with you.

There are people that softmod their Wiis so they can use backups of games they own. I am one of them. Don't assume that softmods are all about copyright infringement.

heh .. damn ur laser and it's word xD... (i'm trying to be playful .. not an ass.. sorry if i seem the latter)

well i don't think Travis1794 is talking about backing up his wii games ..

hes being a bit ambiguous but i'm pretty sure he's talking about a VC game/WiiWare that he illegally downloaded and is trying to play...

my solution is reasonable.. dont you think??..

i'm not denying that ppl use softmods to play backups.. i'm not even debating the legality of them... we're not talking about that here..
smile.gif
.. .

Travis1794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does this always have to come up? People know where they stand. If you've come here to spread your morality to the world, then you've probably come to the wrong place.

Reactions: 1 person

netware

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Travis1794 said:
Why does this always have to come up? People know where they stand. If you've come here to spread your morality to the world, then you've probably come to the wrong place.

you wanted a solution to the problem.. am i wrong?.. what better solution than to get the original?..

it's been proven to work...

it's just friendly advice.. you can take it or leave it..
smile.gif

SanzioSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some info that might help u... but maybe not... i had troubles installing star fox ntsc on my ntsc wii.
It would always give me an error when i tried installing it and it was only that wad all my other wads worked
perfectly.. A gave up after a while but then discovered that i actually bought that game legitly. So i got on
the shop channel and just downloaded it legitly. Sorry if it didnt help. Check if u didnt buy that game already,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!