Hacking Error playing original games on hacked Wii

antholord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I follows the tutorial on the sticky in here and it worked fine. I could download apps and stuff from the homebrew browser.

At the moment I only have Wii Play, its a real game, and i dont have any backup(copied) games.

For some reason when i get into the system menu, it says I have to update the wii to play Wii Play, an original disc. Ive looked a lot for help on this problem but I couldnt find any solutions. I am probably passing by something really simple.

Do I need to backup my real games too in order to make them run on the homebrewed wii?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the Wii Play is fairly new.

What version is your Wii at right now??

As the Game Disk is asking, probably wants to update your Wii with a new(er) IOS that Wii Play needs to operate, nothing to do with Homebrew!

If you rip the disk to a USB Disk, assuming you are doing this, it will probably work fine with one of the Custom IOS's the USB Loader uses.

antholord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
C.S.I. said:
I think the Wii Play is fairly new.

What version is your Wii at right now??

As the Game Disk is asking, probably wants to update your Wii with a new(er) IOS that Wii Play needs to operate, nothing to do with Homebrew!

If you rip the disk to a USB Disk, assuming you are doing this, it will probably work fine with one of the Custom IOS's the USB Loader uses.

I am not near my Wii for now, however my wii was 4.2 and i followed the stickied tutorial step by step. I dont remember the version of it on the top of my head.

If i update the wii to 4.2 like it wants to when i try to play the game, wont it erase all the homebrew stuff?

To the other person, you think the problem is I didnt disable block disk updates? do you think the game will work if i simply disable this, even without updating anything?

antholord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
longtom1 said:
should work the block disk updates hack blocks all disk updates

the game should work fine if you are already on 4.2 and have up-to date IOS's

If my version was 4.2 and then i followed the tutorial, is it still considered v4.2, or did I downgrade it using the homebrew?

antholord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
longtom1 said:
just enable block disk updates if you have priiloader installed and the game will play fine

Okay, thanks. Are there any games that shouldnt work with my setup? like wii sports

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there are a few that won't load or need special set-up to work but don't know them off hand the only one I can remember is CSI deadly intent had to install cIOS53 from corp3.5 to get it to work(girlfriend bugged the life out of me to get it to work)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ