Error on Gateway Blue Card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by wongf, Dec 6, 2014.

1. wongf
    OP

wongf Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Berkeley, California
    Hello all,

I used my Gateway heavily for 3ds games, and lately, I wanted to try playing NDS games on it. I used the blue card to put the files, and it worked just fine... until the save file starts getting corrupted. Thought that it was the faulty microSD, I changed into a new one, formatted the memory card and put a new copy of GW blue files on the card + my nds roms.

Then it started went error and refused to even open the gateway DS menu. I obviously tried to check the microSD on my Mac again, and apparently all the datas in it disappeared.... Still not giving up, I tried once more with all the GW blue card files copied to the formatted microSD + only one NDS rom at the root.

Now it's corrupting my save file!!! I am really frustrated; I want to buy Supercard DStwo, but I'm concerned about the bricking problem. Can anybody advice?

(on the side note, I'm looking for somebody who can help me on the corrupted save file... T_T https://gbatemp.net/threads/problem-with-gateway-blue-card.375439/ )

2. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    From my experiences (purely anecdotal evidence here, take it with a grain of salt, if you wish) the Gateway blue card is absolute rubbish. Mine lasted 2 single uses installing the gateway exploit before it perished. If you are able, i would purchase a SC DST. As i said earlier, that's just from my experiences.

3. OuahOuah

OuahOuah GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 2, 2006
    France
    France
    You speak about a "bricking problem".
    There is no bricking problem with any of the DS linker available.

DSTwo is the best DS linker (more expensive but worth the price).
    I never used the blue linker of the GW, I used the DSTwo since the beginning to install the exploit...

4. wongf
    OP

wongf Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Berkeley, California
    Thank you all for the replies, now I am convinced to buy Supercard Dstwo! :)

5. Phantom_User

Phantom_User Phantom of Page 666

Aug 28, 2012
    Your nightmares

Any trusty place to buy one that ships to Portugal on a relatively cheap fee? I'd love me some DSTwo :)

6. OuahOuah

OuahOuah GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 2, 2006
    France
    France
    I bought mine on Digimaniaz long time ago.
    Eachmall or yeahgeek are also ok.

Just try the shipping to your country but should not be very different from mine (France).
    And you need a microSD, with some files from eng.supercard.sc on it a kernel + an interface called EOS).
    And emulators are called "plugin" and DSTWo team incorporated the best one found on GBATemp in fact so...
    Imagine playing SNES ZELDA at nearly full speed :D

7. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Hah, mine is almost 6 months old and still alive. I use it on a DS lite ocasionally.
    But yeah it's rubbish. I expect the plastic case to fall apart at any moment.

8. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    That's how mine began to break, the plastic case seperated from the PCB and when i assembled it back together it was KAPUT

9. wongf
    OP

wongf Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Berkeley, California
    so another question , on supercard dstwo, is there no save file corruption issue?
    I tried the blue card several times again yesterday, and still, it corrupts my save file everytime.

10. OuahOuah

OuahOuah GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 2, 2006
    France
    France
    You can't even compare DSTWO and the blue linker.